I did it. I have completed the most epic knitting project I have ever done and I still love it despite all the hard work that went in to it!
I really struggled with getting the border on - no seaming I did looked nice so I finally decided on crocheting it on. While crocheting worked I was too tight in some places so the corners of the blanket were distorted. I really didn't want to block it again but I am so thankful I did - it relaxed those seams and the blanket now lays perfectly flat.
Tomorrow this blanket will leave my house and go to it's new home. I started this blanket on July 3rd and it is finally leaving three months later!
Someday I will make another one of these for our couch using bulky weight yarn, but that won't be for a long while!
Pattern: Sunbreak by Margaret Mills, in Twist Collective Spring/Summer 2011
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK in Semolina colorway, 16 skeins
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Sunbreak, Finished
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
That's insanely beautiful. Well done!
What a beautiful blanket! You've done such a great job! And to see that you still love it after all that labour is amazing. :)
Stunning!
Absolutely gorgeous. Muchos kudos!
Wow!!!!!
That's one lucky baby!
That is SO impressive! I love the bright, cheery color - it goes perfectly with the sun motif. Great job!
SO GORGEOUS, SJ! The whole thing is beautiful, but I'm especially in awe of the border. LOVE. <3
That is beautiful! Congrats on finishing.
So incredibly beautiful.
Post a Comment