Monday, January 3, 2011

Year In Pictures - Week 17

112:365 - Feeling Hot

YIP2 - 112:365 - Feeling Hot

12/26/2010 - Santa brought me bronchitis for Christmas. I woke up Christmas Even not feeling all that great and it went right down hill from there. For four days I had a fever near 102. While medication kept the fever in check having a fever for so long is no fun!

113:365 - Feed the Sick

YIP2 - 113:365 - Feed the Sick

12/27/2010 - The worst part about being sick is knowing you have to eat but having no desire to. Nothing tastes good!

114:365 - Another Empty Cup

YIP2 - 114:365 - Another Empty Cup

12/28/2010 - I think I have lost count of the number of cups of tea I have had to drink over the last few days.

115:365 - Three

YIP2 - 115:365 - Three

12/29/2010 - I have three projects on the needles right now. This is a rarity for me as typically I max out at two.

116:365 - Pecan Pie

YIP2 - 116:365 - Pecan Pie

12/30/2010 - For Christmas dinner I took a crack at making pecan pie from scratch. Last time I tried the pie didn't set up - it was still tasty but very runny. I'm happy to report that the second time around it set up perfectly and tasted great! Pecan pie is quite rich and I always for get that when I slice off a big piece!

117:365 - Hot Potato

YIP2 - 117:365 - Hot Potato

12/31/2010 - I love potatoes in most every form. Hot Crash Potatoes (from the Pioneer Woman) are close to the top of the list. The last day of 2010 seemed like a good day to prepare a nice dinner with one of my favorite recipes.

118:365 - Slow & Low

YIP2 - 118:365 - Slow & Low

01/01/2011 - I don't use my slow cooker nearly enough. I always love when I do - the house fills with wonderful aromas and the prep work is minimal. Today I made a pot of bean stew - full of veggies that I could find in the fridge. Dinner is done for several nights!

Number of photos taken this week: 22

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better now! I sure hope so!

I had a terrible cough around Christmas but luckily no fever. Fevers make you weak, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I hope you're feeling much better now! I assume you are since you're making potatoes and using the crock pot :-) I LOVE whoever invented the crock pot.

Anonymous said...

I can handle most anything, from pain to vertigo to nausea. But there's something about having a fever that turns me into a whiny two-year-old. Hope you're feeling better! :hug:

Meredith said...

It looks from the progression of your photos that you must have felt better by the end of the week - I hope so! I love using the crock pot too, I should do that more often.

Lisa said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry you were sick for Christmas :( I hope you are fully recovered by now.

That pecan pie looks DELICIOUS!!

I have a crock pot too but rarely use it. I've probably used it twice or three times since we got it just over ten years ago. Maybe 2011 is the year for it! LOL!

Bluebird49 said...

Pecan Pie---my favorite--along with Lemon Meringue, Key Lime, Chocolate, Pineapple, uh--you get the idea! I wish you felt better, and I hope you are now! I'm just not too good with the tujmmy, and I got a little down when we left the kids'--coming back to reality, you kno!

Did you taking a course on photography? I think I'll HAVE to to get the right stuff to use this DSLR camera. I hope it won't be too much for me, and then I won't use it as much as my husband wants, and I want to! I'd love to take great pictures, and it was nice of him to think of me having one--but I'm not too good at reading manuels, I need to have someone coach me in things like this...and knitting!

Brooke said...

It sucks you've had the sicks, but all that warm soup has definitely made me get a hankering for it! I love using my crockpot too, especially for curry. :)

Tina J. said...

Immediately went to Pioneer Woman and printed the potato recipe! Yum.

One of the things my mom suggested, to speed my recovery, is to pick up my knitting again. I've almost stopped all my fun hobbies... Your three projects on the needles just reminded me that I want to do that. Thanks!

Bluebird49 said...

Hi Sweetie--I';m closing my blog for right now, til I can figure out how to do it by invitation only. I've been "discovered" by someone pretty close to my in-laws. Don't really want them reading my personal thoughts!