Sunday, January 16, 2011

Be Right Back....

I'm going to disappear for the next couple of weeks (and the last couple of weeks!).  No need to worry - I have a lot going on and need to focus over the next two weeks. I look forward to coming back refreshed with a lot more free time.  

For those of you who follow me on Facebook & Twitter you know that my dear sister had quite a scare with her mother-in-law last weekend.  I can't thank you all enough for your thoughts and prayers (and for continuing them).  I am so glad to report that her mother-in-law is doing SO well - much better than expected and should make a full recovery.  It has been a scary time for the family and it makes the distance even harder to cope with.  Seattle....New York....New Jersey.....all are too far from Des Moines.  Many thanks to you all for your love & support.

Here are some random notes for now....
  • I am still taking pictures everyday.
  • I will catch up & post my weekly year in picture posts.
  • I learned how to spin on a drop spindle thanks to the amazing Brooke! 
  • I knit a pair of felted clogs for myself....and that is it since I finished the sweater.
  • I got a little surprise at work that really confirmed to me that I am in the right place and loving every minute of my new job.  For this I am so thankful - it really has been life changing for me (in a great way!).
  • It is cold here in Iowa. Very cold.
  • My new coffee maker is one of the best purchases I have ever made.
  • My dogs are still dorks but the best snugglers in the world.
  • My dear Shaner celebrated his birthday last week & I am so thankful that we keep getting to celebrate together year after year as we both get old.
  • I am going to be having a little contest when I come back.
That is it for now.  I will leave you with a little story & video of my Skeeter.  Skeeter is not really "smart".  He isn't dumb, but he is a bit slower then his brother.  During these cold winter months I try to play when them more inside and practice some of their training to tire them out.  Skeeter loves his training sessions.  He gets so excited and does everything I say.  I thought I would work on a new trick with him.  I thought it would be nearly impossible to train him, but I wanted to try it.  Well, my little Skeeter SHOCKED me by doing the trick right the very first time I asked him to.  I am so thrilled that he now knows the goofy trick of letting me put a treat on his paw & waiting to eat it.  Yes, I am easily amused (look at that cute little tail wagging!!)!


I hope you are all well & have a great couple of weeks!

DSC_0059

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've had a rough couple of weeks. :kram:

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the recent scare -- I'm not on FB or Twitter so I didn't know. Glad that things are better!

Take your time and get your focus back; I completely understand! Take care :-)

Tina J. said...

That's an awesome little doggy trick. None of my pups would be that cool and patient if there was a treat involved!

Will be looking forward to seeing you again in a couple of weeks!

Meredith said...

Very impressive trick for Skeeter! He seems pretty smart to me. :) Glad to hear things are improving and hope you are able to get lots done in the next few weeks!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you are taking some time for yourself. We'll be waiting for you when you get back.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hope things get better soon.

Brooke said...

I would like to think our "heat" spike today was for you. :)

I do hope the world settles down, and the busy is the good kind. It's wonderful to hear that everyone is doing alright, and I hope it continues to improve.

Also, that is such a cute little trick.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad that things are on the mend for your family! I didn't know what was going on but hope that she makes a full recovery soonest.

Skeeter is too darling!

You will be missed! Have a nice "break" : )