Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 13

84:365 - Sunday On the Couch

YIP2 - 84:365 - Sunday On the Couch

11/28/2010 - I so enjoyed having four full days off of work. It was the perfect combination of relaxation and productivity. I finally feel caught up for the first time in a long time. Of course while I was up being productive the dogs were napping on the couch. The thing is they were laying on the same cushion for a while - they never lay that close to one another! Of course Skeeter moved as soon as I went to get my camera, but the picture is still cute - they rarely ever lay this close to one another!

85:365 - Junk Organized

YIP2 - 85:365 - Junk Organized

11/29/2010 - Every house has one - a junk drawer. The one in our house had gotten out of control (and the fact that the drawer front is breaking doesn't help). Yesterday I finally sorted it all out and while at Target tonight I bought some new organizers for all the junk and it looks perfect! I'm much less twitchy now and now that it is back under control I think I can keep it looking neat and clean.

86:365 - Drying Rack

YIP2 - 86:365 - Drying Rack

11/30/2010 - Now that all the hand knit winter wear has been washed today was the day to was all my hand knit socks. It made for a colorful drying rack while the thickest of our winter hats finished drying on the back rungs.

87:365 - My Half & Half

YIP2 - 87:365 - My Half & Half

12/01/2010 - I bring my own half and half into work to have with my coffee because I don't like fake dairy creamer of the powdered variety. For the first several weeks it was fine and then two weeks ago I noticed that the half and half was disappearing faster than I was using it. By Monday afternoon this week it was already half gone and I'd only had one cup of coffee. Clearly some people in my building thought it was for them. This was partially my fault because I never put my name on it because I thought I didn't need to but I guess there are people in this world who assume what is in the fridge is for them. I will always label it now....and if people keep using it I'll figure something else out but nothing will get between me and my half and half!

88:365 - Kale Chips

YIP2 - 88:365 - Kale Chips

12/02/2010 - I bought some beautiful kale at the farmer's market the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I found it in the back of my fridge tonight, forgotten. Thankfully my refrigerator Tupperware designed for produce had kept it fresh as the day I bought it. I decided to make kale chips as I'd heard a lot about them but I was very skeptical. I put the oven on 425, put a bit of olive oil, salt & pepper and roasted them. I didn't set a timer or pay attention until I smelled something burning. Sadly the batch was pretty burnt however they were still amazing - crispy as chips!

89:365 - Up Late

YIP2 - 89:365 - Up Late

12/03/2010 - The first Thursday of every month is a release for work and coordinating the release is part of my job. Tonight's release did not go well. We started around 8PM (Thursday evening) and I took this photo 10 minutes before we finished - yes, at 3AM. I slept for 3.5 hours and went back to work. The week was long and this late night made it longer but did I ever appreciate my full night sleep on Friday!

90:365 - Puppy Chew

YIP2 -  90:365 - Puppy Chew

12/04/2010 - Winter is tough on the puppies - they get really hyper. Finding things to chew on really helps them but over the last year Skeeter has stopped chewing on bully sticks and rawhides leaving me with virtually nothing he could chew on for a while. I finally found a rawhide that is made with beef and vegetables - so they are softer but still chewy. I was worried that he wouldn't chew it, but after a few minutes of dancing around with it in his mouth he settled in for a good chew. I just love it when he holds what he is chewing on between his two little paws!

Number of pictures taken this week: 76

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

They do look so cute when they hold their food, don't they? I'm surprised the puppies aren't usually wrapped around one another...I guess dogs need their space, too.

Anonymous said...

I'm used to my cats being close to one another so hearing about pets that aren't, makes me puzzled. And then I realize that the thing I say about my cats ("They have their own personalities") of course goes for every pet in the world, and therefor, they all behave differently. :doh:

Glad you got some time off before that night shift... Did you get some rest afterwards?

Brooke said...

I feel a little like a broken record, but your puppies are the cutest. :) I hope people get the hint and stop 'sharing' your half and half, and I'm super glad you liked the kale chips. I made a batch about two weeks ago, and I thought of you and wondered whether you had found any kale lately. Hope work isn't too rough on you!

ZinkThink said...

Kale chips are fun, and they also taught me a valuable lesson: season very carefully when cooking things that shrink. An amount of salt & pepper that looks good on raw kale can be... shall we say, overpowering once they've cooked down to chip size!

Need to make a point to try them again.

Caffeine Girl said...

Cute pups!

I also insist on -- and am territorial about -- half/half. Can't live without it!