Sunday, December 5, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 12

 A bit late, but posted!

77:365 - Comfy Cozy

YIP2 - 77:365 - Comfy Cozy

11/21/2010 - Sparky was curled up on the couch this morning so I surrounded him with pillows so that no matter which way he moved he would be comfortable. The is just a little spoiled.

78:365 - Ripped

YIP2 - 78:365 - Ripped

11/22/2010 - For many years I bit my nails. For several years now I have overcome that habit and had really nice nails. Last Friday the habit returned. I'm already trying to overcome it again but it seems to be a stress related habit. Soon it will go away and when it does I'll treat myself to a manicure so I won't be tempted to bite them again.

79:365 - Turn the Page

YIP2 - 79:365 - Turn the Page

11/23/2010 - Usually I knit at night on the couch but tonight I felt like reading the book I've been reading for a while know (The Help). It was nice to have a pup curled up in my lap and read for about an hour.

80:365 - Wait Until Tomorrow

YIP2 - 80:365 - Wait Until Tomorrow

11/24/2010 - I love cooking for any holiday & Thanksgiving is no exception. I had a small list of things to prepare tonight when I came home from work but ended up getting a ton more done than I expected, including making an apple pie - the crust and filling. The top browned a bit too much because of the sugar from the apple juice brushed on the top. It was very hard to resist the pie all evening.

81:365 - Dig In!

YIP2 - 81:365 - Dig In

11/25/2010 - I took a picture like this last year & couldn't resist. Our Thanksgiving was small - just the two of us. We ate SO well - it was a wonderful meal. We used our fine china and our crystal glasses and ate until we could eat no more. We were in our pajamas all day. While I miss my family so much during this time of the year this Thanksgiving was perfect!

82:365 - Shopping Trip

YIP2 - 82:365 - Shopping Trip

11/26/2010 - I've never been a big shopper so I didn't venture out to grab any deals today. I went & knit with friends and stopped by my favorite local coffee shop for an eggnog latte and while there I picked up four bags of coffee - one for me and three to give as gifts. Local shopping in less than five minutes, my kind of Black Friday shopping!

83:365 - Wash Winter Wear

YIP2 - 83:365 - Wash Winter Wear

11/27/2010 - The weather turned cold a few weeks ago and for several weeks I've had it on my list to wash all the hand knit winter wear so it is fresh for the cold season. The problem was I had way to much to wash in bins and was too lazy to wash it in batches. Today it finally occurred to me that I could use my washing machine as a large basin. It worked perfectly and now I'm warm wrapped in good smelling hand knits!

Number of pictures taken this week: 45

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Wow, Sparky is pretty spoiled! I'd like someone to do that for me. :)