Sunday, November 21, 2010

Year In Pictures - Week 11

70:365 - Fun Shopping

YIP2 - 70:365 - Fun Shopping

11/14/2010 - I don't have many babies in my life and have no plans of having any of my own babies but I will admit that sometimes shopping for baby things can be fun. Everything is so small & so adorable. A coworker recently celebrated the birth of his first baby and the team decided to chip in for a gift. I volunteered to shop and had fun doing it. Special thanks to Shane for suffering through that shopping experience with me!

71:365 - Almost Done

YIP2 - 71:365 - Almost Done

11/15/2010 - I have been feeling a lot better but as with all antibiotics you are on them for a lot longer than you think you need to be. I should be done already but of course that elusive 2:30 pill was missed many times - too focused at work! I am SO thankful that I am feeling better.

72:365 - Working Puppy

YIP2 -  72:365 - Working Puppy

11/16/2010 - During the winter Skeeter transitions from sleeping on the arm of the couch to sleeping in my lap. I love this part of winter - I love the constant snuggling all night long. Tonight was the night that Skeeter decided to make that transition into my lap and of course it was also a night that I needed to get a lot of work for work done while at home. Working from home isn't too bad when I can do it on the couch in my pjs with a puppy in my lap. Of course I had to rearrange my work area to accommodate Skeeter in my lap, but it was worth it!

73:365 - Spin!

YIP2 - 73:365 - Spin!

11/17/2010 - My darling little Skeeter isn't the brightest bulb around. He had pretty major hip surgery at 9 months old so he lost a lot of training time during recovery and we really never got back to it. Don't get me wrong, he is pretty well behaved, but he doesn't have a host of tricks up his sleeve like Sparky does. Skeeter actually really LOVES mini training sessions - and I don't think it is because of the treats, he just loves spending time with me. I decided it was about time that he learn a goofy trick. He can't really "lay down" all that well (related to his hip) so tricks like "roll over" or even "sit up" won't work because of his hip. So, I taught him to "spin" (or go in a counter clockwise circle). It is goofy but he loves it. Some day I will teach him to twirl (or go in a clockwise circle). Can you see the little white blur "spin"ing??

74:365 - Exhaustion

YIP2 -  74:365 - Exhaustion

11/18/2010 - I was feeling better....until last night. I must have caught some nasty flu virus. I didn't sleep very well the night before and really struggled to make it through the workday. I was asleep on the couch by 7:20 and called it quits at 8:20. Thankfully I am feeling better.

75:365 - New Skill 2

YIP2 - 75:365 - New Skill 2

11/19/2010 - Tonight was the second & last night of the two-handed, two-stranded color work class. Thankfully the weather behaved for the hour long drive to and from class! Tonight we learned the fancy color work braid on the top of the sample on the left and a 2 color bind off. I also, after a painful 30 minutes, mastered the invisible cast-on. Many thanks to Irmi for her patience, to Michele for being a gracious hostess (and selling me those itty-bitty DPNs after hours) and to all the others in the class for all the fun!

76:365 - Brush

YIP2 - 76:365 - Brush

11/20/2010 - When I started my new job I started wearing makeup again. After a few weeks I noticed my eyes were VERY itchy. I thought it was allergies and then I realized that the mascara I had been using must be old. I have no idea how old the makeup was that I was wearing. I treated myself to a whole new set & brand of makeup and I am really enjoying it and looking forward to seeing if it helps to improve my skin and slow down those tiny wrinkles that are appearing around my eyes!

Number of pictures taken this week: 28

4 comments:

Erica said...

Glad you're feeling better!

Lisa said...

Hi! Glad that you are feeling better... being sick bites big time.

Your story about Skeeter makes me love him just a bit more!

Sage said...

Glad you're feeling better!! Just started on the antibiotics myself today.

Brooke said...

I hope that you're still well on the way to recovery and you had a lovely Thanksgiving. I understand about how long it seems the medicine goes on for! I'm glad you had fun with the two colour knitting--isn't it lovely?