Sunday, November 14, 2010

Year in Pictures 2 - Week 10

63:365 - Laundry Piles

YIP2 - 63:365 - Laundry Piles

11/17/2010 - Laundry in my house multiples. There are only two of us living here but sadly we generate a lot of laundry (and this isn't even all of it for the week). I love the weekend, but do not like laundry day!

64:365 - Taco Delight

YIP2 - 64:365 - Taco Delight

11/18/2010 - Busy life means we eat out a lot. Taco Bell is a guilty pleasure. There is nothing like a Baja Chalupa (with beans instead of beef). Thankfully there is not one close to home so we don't eat there often, which means they are even more delightful when we do have them.

65:365 - Fall Evening Walk

YIP2 - 65:365 - Fall Evening Walk

11/19/2010 - The weather has been perfectly un-fall like. Temperatures in the mid-60s in November? I'll take it! When I got home from work I put on my walking shoes and put the pups in their leashes and we took a nice long walk. It may have gotten dark 1/2 day through but we still had a great time.

66:365 - Silver Stash

YIP2 - 66:365 - Silver Stash

11/10/2010 - I have some nice jewelry that I have been trying to wear it more (have to look snazzy for that new job and all). By the time I get home from work I'm sick of wearing it so it goes in this little dish in the kitchen and of course I forget to put it away at the end of the night.

67:365 - Coffee Anyone?

YIP2 - 67:365 - Coffee Anyone?

11/11/2010 - Thursday is knitting night and one one of my favorite places to knit is Smokey Row - a local coffee shop. Now that it gets dark SO early I was able to take a picture of their fancy sign they installed a few months ago.

68:365 - New Skill

YIP2 - 68:365 - New Skill

11/12/2010 - I signed up for a two-handed, two-stranded color work class at Rose Tree Fiber Shop on a whim last month. Tonight was the first night of class and it was fun - great instruction and fantastic people (lots of giggles to be had)! I have done this technique before but I'd never "learned" about it so it was neat to learn some more technique. I wish the weather would have been nicer for the hour drive up and back, but it was worth the drive!

69:365 - Favorite Scent

YIP2 - 69:365 - Favorite Scent

11/13/2010 - I love candles. I have way to many of them and try not to buy more. However, last month I discovered a new scent - Farmer's Market by Yankee Candle company. When I found it I bought a little one, trying to be good and all. However when I saw the large jar tonight when I was out I bought one...it is simply that good (lets just say I refrained from buying two!). (I bought this, Yankee Candle has no clue about me & my candle obsession!)

Number of photos taken this week: 24

7 comments:

Liz said...

Farmer's Market is one of my favorite scents, too. I've been a Yankee fan for a long time... ever since I toured their flagship store in Mass. about 12 years ago. I'd love to go back... I'd love to take you with me!

The Smokey Row sign is so cool. I hope that the cafe continues to do well and is a permanent fixture in DM.

It was 63 degrees here yesterday!! Blissful! The boys and I were raking leaves with the cub scouts yesterday and it was just a great day for it.

The two color knitting class sure sounds like a lot of fun!

Tina J. said...

You know, not many people will own up to loving Taco Bell... (but I do too!)
I'm a candle person too. I light them almost everyday. I like the highly scented Candle Cottage Spiced pumpkin is my favorite. May have to try Farmer's Market, though. Yankee is much easier to find, around here.
That colorwork knitting is so gorgeous and so intimidating-looking. I'm hyperventilating right now!

Brooke said...

I too love the Taco Bell. It's so delicious. There's one down the street from where I love, but I still manage to avoid it since it's not on the direct path to the school.

I'm glad you're enjoying your class! I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like, and hopefully it isn't giving you too much trouble.

Sorry to miss you guys at Smokey Row, by the time I remember, I was in the middle of getting stuff ready for the next day.

Karen said...

I love seeing your pictures, Sara! You're such an excellent photographer.

Didn't know Taco Bell had veggie options. Uh oh... now I do know it...

Sarah said...

I'll have to check out the Farmer's Market scent the next time I'm checking out candles.

The two color knitting class sounds like fun. I could use a class to help with with color work.

Taco Bell is one of my guilty pleasures too. I like the soft taco supreme with beans instead of meat.

Meredith said...

Your stranded knitting looks so nice! I'm wondering now, what does a Farmer's Market smell like?

Bluebird49 said...

Oh, I love Yankee Candles so much--but---they're SO expensive! I love the "falish/spice scents, too.

Even the photos of your laundry and shoes are so pretty! You have really stuck to your photos every week.

Your stranded knitting is so pretty, Sarah! Wish I lived close so you could teach me!