56:365 - Sick
10/31/2010 - I started not feeling well this afternoon. It was a long week - I had a cold that then turned into a bad sinus infection. Seven days later I still do not feel better. When I get sick, which isn't often, I do it right!
57:365 - Perfect Match
11/01/2010 - When I knit socks I generally do not worry about making them match. However, the pair I am working on right now is being knit for someone else and they wanted their socks to match. I sat down the other night, determined to make these socks match. I was prepared to go through 1/4 of a ball of yarn to find that perfect matching place. Would you know it that I only had to pull out 6" of yarn and there was the *perfect* match. I had to cast on a few times to get it right, but wow, the match is perfect!
58:365 - Finding Relief
11/02/2010 - I am not really a fan of taking prescriptions, I try to keep things as natural as possible. I struggle with seasonal affective disorder (self-diagnosed of course) and now that the weather has gotten colder I've already felt myself going down the road I do in the winter. I decided to talk to my chiropractor about what natural things I could do to prevent the sadness I feel in the winter. I walked away with a bunch of things to take. Here is hoping that the natural route keeps me happy & healthy this winter!
59:365 - In the Mail
11/03/2010 - I have been getting a lot of envelopes in the mail lately as my address is the one listed as the return address for registration forms for the retreat I am helping to organize. I love getting mail - even if it is for the retreat!
60:365 - Computer Light
11/04/2010 - My new job necessitates me working in the evening (from home thankfully) several nights a month. I love that my work laptop comes equipped with a built in light (see it up there, at the top of the monitor?) because it means I can sit on the couch and still see the keyboard in the dark!
61:365 - Light Reading
11/05/2010 - I have a lot to learn in my new job. I have already learned so much but part of the learning will have to come from me, after hours. I hit up Amazon.com (and saved $150.00 compared to shopping at the local bookstore!) and purchased 5 books to get me started. I hope my nightstand can bear the weight of these books.
62:365 - Cria
11/06/2010 - Today was Cria Fest hosted by Hollywood Hills Boutique & Southern Iowa Alpacas in Albia, Iowa. This is the second time I've attended this event and it was fantastic again this year! A baby alpaca (a cria) was born two weeks ago at the farm and we got to meet her. She weighed only 22 pounds but stood at about 3 feet tall. She was adorable an SO soft.
Number of pictures taken this week: 176.

4 comments:
OMG! Your socks match perfectly! They look great. LOVE your pic of the baby cria too. See you for the stranded color-work class next weekend! Michelle
Hope you're starting to feel better soon!
The match for the socks? Wow, it really is perfect!
Great job matching the socks! They look great. Your pile of books looks exhausting.
I love those socks! You have SO much going on in your life with your new job-I don't know how you even find time to take pictures and knit, too! AND you're planning an event, too?
You're a very special woman, Sarah-I hope you know that!
Post a Comment