Sunday, October 31, 2010

Year In Pictures 2 - Week 8

49:365 - Right Click

YIP2 - 49:365 - Right Click

10/24/2010 - My poor laptop is slowing dying. I have to use a mouse because the right click on the touch pad no longer works. Worse yet I have to use a wired mouse because my laptop does not get along well with wireless items. I think a new computer is in my future (much sooner than I wanted one to be).

50:365 - Homemade Biscuits

YIP2 - 50:365 - Homemade Biscuits

10/25/2010 - I love these biscuits. They do not take all that long to make and they are delicious. I often forget about the recipie so I don't make them as often as I could. We decided to have soup for dinner tonight so it was the perfect evening to make these. The recipe is "Biscuit Sticks" by Paula Deen and can be found here.

51:365 - Coat Weather

YIP2 - 51:365 - Coat Weather

10/26/2010 - The mornings have been chilly here...which means one of my favorite times of year is here: Puppies in Coats! They both love wearing their coats so very much and while they probably don't need to have them on I put them on when it is cold for my own amusement.

52:365 - Late Birthday Gift

YIP2 - 52:365 - Late Birthday Gift

10/27/2010 - My birthday gift is finally here! This is the L.J. Kaelms bag by Jordana Paige. I am in love with it! The only problem I have with it is the smell. It smells very chemically and the smell has not dissipated in the week that it has been out of the box. It hasn't stopped me from carrying it and I have an email into their customer service to see if this is normal and what I can do to safely clean it. (Jordana Paige didn't ask me to post this & I paid for the item on my own).

53:365 - Something Sweet

YIP2 - 53:365 - Something Sweet

10/28/2010 - Halloween has been around in the grocery stores since mid-August which means I have eaten way to many of these and way too much candy corn. Oh sugar, how I love thee.

54:365 - Heat!

YIP2 - 54:365 - Heat!

10/29/2010 - Cold overnights have arrived here in Des Moines. I was resisting turning on the furnace until November but when I came down stairs Thursday morning and it was 64 degrees I broke down and turned on the furnace. Unfortunately the furnace ran for 45 minutes and never pushed any warm air so I had to turn it back off. Thursday night was a COLD one in the house - extra blankets all around and the puppies wore their coats in the house on Friday. Thankfully the repairmen were able to identify the problem and get it fixed by the time I got home from work Friday night and it was a delicious 70 degrees in the house (which I promptly turned down to 68). I am glad we discovered the problem in October and not January when it will be 10 degrees outside!

55:365 - Holiday Gifts

YIP2 - 55:365 - Holiday Gifts

10/30/2010 - The new Interweave Knits Holiday Gifts issue is out. It is a bit on the pricey side (at $14.99 for a magazine) however I found at least four items I wanted to make in it, so that made the price easier to handle. I am not a magazine reader so it is all about the patterns for me and Interweave has been hit or miss over the last few years but this issue is great! (Interweave does not know I'm posting this nor did they ask me to post this and I bought this.)

Number of pictures taken this week: 73

3 comments:

Tina J. said...

I'm very tempted by the biscuit recipe. I've tried to eat biscuits (since they were one of my favorite things) since my lap band, with very little enjoyment or success. But maybe if I eat them slowly enough and drink lots of small sips, I could do it... I'm VERY tempted.

Whatcha thinkin' about making from the new knitting magazine? Dying to know.

Sarah said...

Thank you for the link to the biscuit recipe. I will be making them with soup this week.

Meredith said...

How cute that the puppies love their coats! I like those pumpkin candy corn things too - yum!