Sunday, October 31, 2010

Year In Pictures 2 - Week 7

42:365 - iGift to iMe

YIP2 - 43:365 - iGift to iMe

10/17/2010 - With my new job came a pay increase and I decided to treat myself to something special. I wanted to reward myself for taking charge of my life & getting out of a tough place with grace and finding something better. I was going to buy myself a new camera body & lens. I was going to buy myself a new laptop. I was going to buy myself everything. Then I decided to buy myself an iPad and a new camera lens. The iPad was the first part of the reward with the lens shopping happening next spring. I love this little toy so very much. I can get a lot done for the retreat planning on this thing, read books, watch TV & movies and so many more things.

43:365 - 3 Sides Left

YIP 2 - 44:365 - 3 Sides Left

10/18/2010 - Tonight was the last night of quilting class & we learned how to do the binding. I finished one side of the binding in class and have 3 sides left to go. The binding is all done by machine with no hand sewing. There is a top stitch seam on the front of the quilt so I will be taking the binding VERY slow so I can get it to look as perfect as possible.

44:365 - Rolling Clouds

YIP2 - 45:365 - Rolling Clouds

10/19/2010 - The sky was beautiful tonight! There was this line of clouds that looked like it was rolling across the sky so I had to catch a picture of them.

45:365 - MISS

10/20/2010 - No picture today. This is the second photo I've missed in 7 weeks. Oh well.

46:365 - Knitting Again

YIP2 - 47:365 - Knitting Again

10/21/2010 - I am still ignoring my sister's sweater and am still glad I frogged the purple socks. Thankfully I have started knitting again on a regular basis. It might be a pair of plain socks for my Mom's friend, but it is something!

47:365 - Colorwork

YIP2 - 47:365 - Colorwork

10/22/2010 - I am going to take a knitting class in November. The class is on two Friday evenings and it is on color work. The name of the class is "Two Handed, Two Stranded Norwegian Socks". I'll admit the socks for the class are, well, interesting....but I am ridiculously excited about this class. I think the socks will make perfect tiny Christmas stockings to hang on the mantel.

48:365 - Continued Problems

YIP2 - 48:365 - Continued Problems

10/23/2010 - Our cable problems continue.

Number of pictures taken this week: 16

3 comments:

Tina J. said...

I admire that you have a very busy, new job and you're still making time to do what's most important: puppy time, cooking time, down time (quilting and knitting class).
And after seeing how beautiful that binding is, I may have to sign up for a class too. (Believe it or not, we have a quilt shop here in BFE...) And my hand sewn binding doesn't look that hot... lol

Sarah said...

I am jealous of the iPad. I really really want one.

Lisa said...

Hi SJ!

Been off the grid for a bit but I think I'm back now so expect reading of your blog : )

I love that you rewarded yourself. Treating myself well is something that I have not really mastered as yet. I finished all of my CGA courses successfully and promised myself a day at the spa and a tetsubin. Haven't delivered on that as yet...