Did you miss me? Life is insanely busy but in a great way. My new job is keeping me away from home longer than I thought so I'm still working to adjust to that. I am also not carrying my dSLR camera with me all the time because my left shoulder (where I carry my purse) is still causing me a lot of pain so I am trying to give it a break. Of course that means I think many of my pictures are boring....but I'm still remembering to take them which is important! I hope you are all doing well - I haven't had a chance to catch up on blog posts over the last few weeks but I do have a weekend with nothing scheduled so I will be catching up this weekend!
28:365 - Helpful Reminder from Shane
10/03/2010 - I put a reminder list on the door last night so I would be all ready to go on the Farm Crawl today. Shane added the last, very important, item to the list. Thanks sweetie!
29:365 - Raspberry Pancakes
10/04/2010 - There is little time for making dinner these days so tonight I opted for the easy route: breakfast. I made pancakes and made a quick raspberry sauce to go on top. It hit the spot!
30:365 - Tuesday Relaxing
10/05/2010 - Life is running a breakneck speed right now. I had a chance to sit & knit for a bit tonight. Sparky has missed me so much he actually curled up in my lap while I knit & watched TV.
31:365 - Gross
10/06/2010 - I think I keep my house pretty clean. I know it can get away from me but I reel it right back in to being neat and tidy. When guests are due to come over (my parents were coming in for the weekend) I tend to clean a bit deeper. Today that included looking up at the vent above the door to the garage. Despite our heavy duty air filter several months of the air conditioning running meant I was behind on cleaning the vent. Thank goodness for the telescoping arm on the vacuum!
32:365 - Fancy Can
10/07/2010 - There was a ribbon cutting ceremony today at work to celebrate the new building (the company moved in during late July). They held a nice reception in the break room and made the employees attend (trust me, I tried to get back to my desk!) and I was impressed with the fancy cans of Diet Coke. No run of the cans for such a celebration!
33:365 - Next Quilt
10/08/2010 - There was a huge quilt show in Des Moines today. My mom & I went (and yes, you are right, she timed her trip to Des Moines to coincide with the quilt show!). It was so very overwhelming (just like last year) but I picked out fabric to make a table runner and then I found this jelly roll that is destined to become my next quilt. I haven't finished the first one yet, but I already have everything I need for the next one. The fabric is supposed to be "baby" fabric but I love the blue, cream & brown combination and it will look great on my couch.
34:365 - No TV
10/09/2010 - We have been having problems with our cable company and tonight we simply lost all service. I won't share the drama (and there has been drama) but it has been over 2 weeks (I'm writing this on 10/19) and I still don't have a functioning cable & DVR connection.
Number of photos taken this week: 244

3 comments:
Oh, I have certainly missed you!
Hope life calms down! It makes me hapy to see that you got to go to a quilt show and that your mum went with you. :)
And, did you tip the cows? :)
I hope things calm down for you real soon.
Care to share how you made the raspberry sauce for the pancakes? It looks so pretty and yummy, I may have to do that! lol
Tina
Breakfast for dinner is one of our favorites around here too, although I tend to go the fritata route.
Post a Comment