Friday, September 24, 2010

Year in Pictures 2 - Week 1

Here I go again - for year 2!  I'm excited to continue this project (especially once life settles down a bit!).  I'm even more excited that Liz has started her own Year in Picture project!

1:365 - Locked Out

YIP2 - 1:365 - Locked Out

09/06/2010 - For the first time in a long time I locked myself out of the house when I walked the dogs this morning. Shane was still asleep so he could not hear me pounding on the door or hear the ringing doorbell. I had to borrow a neighbor's cell phone & call the house three times. The phone in the bedroom doesn't work right now so I'm very lucky that he heard the phone ringing in the loft. He unlocked the door and went back to sleep!

2:365 - Spare Change?

YIP2 - 2:365 - Spare Change?

09/07/2010 - This evening I stopped & picked up dinner and got a cup of pumpin spice coffee - how could I resist? Well, the server did not put the lid on the coffee tight enough which meant when I went to put the cup into my car it spilled everywhere and filled up the change holder. Nothing like washing money to complete one's birthday evening!

3:365 - Spicy

YIP2 - 3:365 - Spicy

09/08/2010 - Over the long weekend the cleaning bug bit me. I've needed to clean out my spice cabinet for a while now and I finally did it. I am so glad that I did and love the result. Of course there were a few things I needed to replace so shopping for those was fun an I still have plenty space for some new spice adventures.

4:365 - Sweet Gesture

YIP2 - 4:365 - Sweet Gesture

09/09/2010 - Last night I was tired. It had been a long week (with two more day to go). Who knew quitting ones job could be so draining, both emotionally & physically? I wanted to knit tonight but quickly realized I didn't have another ball of yarn wound but I didn't have the energy to wind another ball. My darling husband did it for me which was so sweet of him. I didn't make it very long - I may have only knit a few rows but I was thankful that I could knit to calm my mind.

5:365 - Fading Signs

YIP2 - 5:365 - Fading Signs

09/10/2010 - Today I took down the mosaic of pictures I had up on my wall at work. There were remnants of the blue sticky goo I had used to put them up. I removed it all and found the wall to look incredibly empty. Depersonalizing my space made it that much easier to walk away.

6:365 - Puppy Portraits

YIP2 - 6:365 - Puppy Portriats

09/11/2010 - My poor Skeeter did not feel well today...his stomach was very upset. He spent most of the day relaxing on the couch and moping. Thankfully he felt better the next day!

YIP2 - 6:365 - Puppy Portriats

09/11/2010 - With Skeeter not feeling well Sparky was so sweet & gave Skeeter the entire couch to himself. Sparky ended up hanging out on the stairs (of all places) for a few hours! I love that his little tongue is always sticking out like this!

Number of pictures taken this week: 43

3 comments:

Tina J. said...

Between the two of us, I know we have the 5 cutest dogs in the entire world! I know it!

And after reading your blog for a while and LOVING the year in pictures (and seeing Liz is doing it too), I'm in! I just love this idea and I'm very excited. I tried a picture a day at the first part of this year and quickly figured out that I couldn't keep track... posting once a week makes much more sense.

Can't wait!

Sarah said...

Your pups are so cute. It was very nice of Shane to wind the yarn for you. I hope you went back to Starbucks and made them give you a new latte.

Anonymous said...

The project is back on!!! :)

I'm glad Shane woke up to let you in that morning when you locked yourself out. And I read the part about winding yarn to my boyfriend and he just laughed at me and declared Shane to be a better man than he is... :)