Sunday, August 29, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 51

351:365 - Sunday Night Lights

YIP1 - 351:365 - Sunday Night Lights

08/22/2010 - Tonight was the last night of the Iowa State Fair. Shane & I headed out there around 7 so I could pick up my pictures and so he could have a corn dog. We stayed longer than I thought which was nice because I was able to catch a few pictures of the midway lights.

352:365 - Sweater, Take Three

YIP1 - 352:365 - Sweater, Take Three

08/23/2010 - The new yarn for Hillary's sweater arrived and it is lovely. Five skeins of Dream In Color Classy (Worsted) In the Romeo Blue colorway. I am hoping that 1250 yards will be more than enough especially since the pattern only calls for 1,000 yards!

353:365 - Time Passes Fast

YIP1 - 353:365 - Time Passes Fast

08/24/2010 - The last few weeks I have been staying up way to late. It was 11:15 before I even thought about going to bed today. My alarm goes off at 5AM so this is way to late to be awake, however, it was close to 11:45 before I finally went to sleep. I've been running on too little sleep for too long!

354:365 - Collector's Set

YIP1 - 354:365 - Collector's Set

08/25/2010 - The collector's set of LOST arrived today - all six seasons on Blu-Ray. I cannot wait to start from Season 1, Episode 1. I miss this show!

355:365 - Strings and Things

YIP1 - 355:365 - Strings and Things

08/26/2010 - Sparky pulled all of his rope toys out of his toy box tonight. He likes ripping them apart and leaving little strings all over the carpet. I don't like that much but I sure do like my Dyson because it cleans it all right up!

356:365 - New Store In Town

YIP1 - 356:365 - New Store In Town

08/27/2010 - A new yarn store has opened in town! The store doesn't officially open until September 7th but they had a three day sneak preview this week so I headed up after work on Friday. The shop is small but has some great yarns with more on order and the staff is so very friendly. I was proud of myself for only buying a skein of Crock-O-Dye sock yarn (which I'd never seen before!) and Amy Butler's new knitting pattern book, Midwest Modern Knits. Of course, I'll be back to use the 15% off coupon they gave me - they know how to bring customers back!

357:365 - Goats are Photogenic

YIP1 - 357:365 - Goats are Photogenic

08/28/2010 - I was delighted to visit Fae Ridge Farm again today. I was there in early May, and it is the location where I took the photograph of the goat that won me third place at the state fair. The goat in the state fair photograph is name "Suki" and is an angora goat. Fae Ridge Farm has become one of my favorite places not only to hang out but to take pictures so of course I had to take the the farm with my camera again! As always, the goats were happy to have their pictures taken! This guy also loved to have his head scratched!

Number of photographs taken this week: 310

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you might have a prospect picture for next year's fair in that first picture. :)

Happy New Week!

Lisa said...

Lovely lovely yarn!! The colour is gorgeous : )
LOST! You are such a lucky girl. I too miss the show - one of the best series in a long time. Right up there with Battlestar Gallactica (the modern one) for sure.
Did you find a birthday cake recipe yet? So many choices! I'm thinking of trying my hand at a tiramisu take soon or maybe something with ganache...
Week 52 almost here!