Sunday, August 22, 2010

Year in Pictures - Week 50

(only two weeks left!? what? 17 pictures until my birthday?)

344:365 - So Close

YIP1 - 344:365 - So Close

08/15/2010 - I have been tracking the numbers and titles of my pictures in a notebook. I wrote lines all the way through 365 and noticed that I'm almost done...there is the 365 line on the very next page.

345:365 - Frogged

YIP1 - 345:365 - Frogged

08/16/2010 - Today I bit the bullet and frogged the Wicked sweater that I was knitting with the "Purple Yarn of Doom" (thanks for that nickname Carly!). I have started knitting the third, and hopefully final, project with this yarn and so far so good....more on that soon!

346:365 - Fresh Bread

YIP1 - 346:365 - Fresh Bread

08/17/2010 - My friend Sarah Jane (http://myruncheylife.blogspot.com/) is working on this amazing challenge called the Bread Bakers Apprentice. She is making a new kind of bread every single week for 52 weeks. She refuses to skip a challenge, even if she doesn't like the resulting bread. This week I lucked out - she made two types of rye bread and pumpernickel bread none of which she likes but I love! She was kind enough to give me the three loaves and they are all wonderful. There is nothing like fresh, homemade bread, especially when I didn't have to make it!

347:365 - Stay Hydrated

YIP1 - 347:365 - Stay Hydrated

08/18/2010 - I had a massage tonight and it was brutal - don't get me wrong, it was wonderfully relaxing but I have a few hot spots that have to be worked really hard. An hour long massage is like running a marathon for my muscles which means I must flush out all of those icky toxins....water water water.

348:365 - Best. Plate. Ever.

YIP1 - 348:365 - Best. Plate. Ever.

08/19/2010 - How did they ever get this past the "censors" and on to a license plate?

349:365 - Wash Windows

YIP1 - 349:365 - Wash Windows

08/20/2010 - The rain today came out of no where and was HARSH. This picture was taken just after the worst of the rain passed (I wasn't fast enough on the draw with my camera). When it was raining the hardest I couldn't even see out of my office window. Here the water is just running down the window.

350:365 - Yearly Treat

YIP1 - 350:365 - Yearly Treat

08/21/2010 - Today was Iowa State Fair day for me. I'll admit one of the biggest reasons I go to the state fair is to get a veggie corndog. They are delicious!

Number of pictures taken this week: 177

4 comments:

Brooke said...

That license plate is so silly! I won't get to go to the fair, but I have promised myself definitely for next year.

And I totally agree about fresh bread being wonderful. Such a wonderful friend!

Best wishes with the third (and hopefully final) project with YoD.

Caffeine Girl said...

You're almost there! Congratulations.

Sarah said...

I'm going to miss your photos. It was great running into you by the veggie corn dog stand last night.

Bluebird49 said...

Pretty interesting--the "DOMINATE: plate. I'm surprised it did get by--but then, maybe not.

People are crazy, aren't they?

Oh, what pretty loaves of bread---I know they tasted and smelled delish! That's quite a challenge she's taken.