06/06/2010 - This is the seat of a picnic table at Jester Park. I was down on the ground taking pictures of the dogs and noticed the cool dirt patterns on the bench. Sometimes perspective can make all the difference.
275:365 - Wing
06/07/2010 - Working on Christmas gifts again. This shawl (Pettine) is worked from side to side which was a great way to work the shawl and the best way to use up all the yarn.
276:365 - Cold
06/08/2010 - As the temperatures rise outside the temperature in my office drops. I shouldn't have to wear a long sleeve shirt & a sweater in June in Iowa!!
277:365 - Storage
06/10/2010 - Tonight was an evening spent in front of the computer backing up files & organizing all of my electronic knitting, sewing, quilting, crocheting & needle punch patterns. In addition to the 100 GB on my laptop I had an additional1,800 GB hooked up with three external hard drives. We have a 1 terabyte drive to hold movies, all my photos every (34 GB right there), our music and document backup. My poor computer can't hold all my photos any more so Shane bought me the cute little one on the side that holds 500 GB. I'm a spoiled nerd!
278:365 - Thank You
06/10/2010 - I've noticed now a days that people don't express gratitude. This isn't applicable to everyone, so please don't think that! I've just noticed that people are much quicker to complain then they are to say thank you or give compliments. I received a hand written thank you note for some gifts I made and it really meant a lot that the time was taken to express gratitude!
279:365 - Worn
06/11/2010 - I love these shoes. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. The problem is that they are starting to wear out. I've worn the black coloring off and I've worn the tread down on the balls of the feet. I need to find a new pair but I think I'll keep around these old ones because they are still so comfortable. And yes, the soles attract dog hair like crazy!
280:365 - Quilting Plans
06/12/2010 - Today Kara & I were supposed to go to a garden to take pictures. The bad thunderstorms today didn't let us do that but we still had a great afternoon. She introduced me to her favorite quilting shop in Ames (Quilting Connection) and I totally see why it is her favorite. The shop may be over an hour from my house but I'll be back & I need to take my mom there. I picked up this fabric to make a table runner that only has a minimal amount of quilt piecing to it...right up my alley for my next quilt project. Kara was a fantastic enabler and I'd expect nothing less!
Number of photos taken this week: 183

5 comments:
As always, lovely pictures. I'm working very hard at not running out to a fabric store and starting a new kind of stash!
I feel your pain when it comes to cold offices in the summer. I keep a blanket at my desk.
Table runner with minimal sewing? Do you have a pattern or a picture? I saw this: http://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2010/06/runner.html this morning and had decided to make one, but this one is going to be lots of work! Think I'll look for the fabric while in Colorado later this week... Dying to see what you have planned for yours.
Wow, Christmas gifts already? You are way ahead of me!
damn that Sarah keeps me laughing -- I can just see her huddled under a snuggie at her desk. bwahahaha
I HATE a/c! It's not common in Maine... thank gawd!
the quilting thing is a new phenomenon for me ... I don't get the stashing of fabric thing. It's a slipperly slope though.
Post a Comment