Friday, May 28, 2010

The Capital Grounds

Kara & I are doing well with our pact to take more photo adventures. This trip was a spur of the moment trip to the grounds of the state capital building just outside downtown Des Moines. I had chickened out of any photo trip last weekend because it was supposed to be super hot. However, it turned out to be a beautiful afternoon and we decided to take advantage of the light from the setting sun to caputre the giant purple Allium in the gardens.

DSC_1422

DSC_1427_edited-1

DSC_1446_edited-1

DSC_1418

DSC_1385

DSC_1415_edited-2

DSC_1404_edited-1

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa--that second photo looks totally fake, it's so amazing!

Sarah said...

Stunning! I need to take lessons from you.

Caffeine Girl said...

The pictures are amazing. I should really go downtown today and see what I can do with Wisconsin's capital!

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are to die for. Just gorgeous!