Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Walk in the Woods

Shane & I have talked about doing a bit more hiking/walking with the dogs in different places and possibly even going camping at some point.  I think it is also a fantastic chance for us explore more of Iowa.  Today we ventured to Walnut Woods Park right here in West Des Moines. I had no idea this state park existed or that here was even that much of West Des Moines that was unpopulated & beautiful!  There are 2.5 miles of trails - all are flat, no hills.  The trails are fairly sandy in some spots and there are great views of the Raccoon River.  The dogs had a ton of fun even though we kept them leashed (they are still soundly sleeping).  We didn't have a ton of time (due to laziness in the morning, getting lost on the way there (thank goodness for GPS on the iPhones!), and afternoon appointments) but we really enjoyed our time walking around.  We will be going back to walk on more of the trails & have a picnic lunch!  It is awesome to have such a beautiful park so close to where we live. I just wish we would have found it sooner!


DSC_0670

DSC_0627

DSC_0628

DSC_0633

DSC_0636

DSC_0658

DSC_0661

DSC_0663

DSC_0664

DSC_0667

3 comments:

Enigma said...

Great pics as usual, but I loooove the 7th pic especially. Looks like something that would look great on a wall.

Bluebird49 said...

Love them all, but the last one in particular, I think. Your photos are always good. I'm so glad you took up photography! I wonder if I did, if it would make me go outside more! (probably at first!) I know you're often out with the pups---and they make it a good time, I'm sure.

Have a nice Sunday, Sweetie! Thanks for dropping in to "see" me!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great view! I'm sure the pups had a blast out there. Oh, and you guys, too! lol