218:365 Pup(s) In the Sunlight
04/11/2010 - When I was cooking today I had the windows open so the sun was streaming into the dining room. The pups took turns laying in their bed (on a chair) soaking up the sunshine.
219:365 - Time To Go
04/12/2010 - We finally had contractors come look at the house today to get the water damage fixed. After they left I started packing up the guest room & the office - just getting the breakables packaged away safely. That turned into a bit of a cleaning-out-stuff spree. I always get like this in the spring time but I think it is worse right now (in a sense) because we are looking to move next year and I don't want to move things we don't really need. I did get rid of a few clothes and gave away some scrap booking things but the biggest dent was books. I love having books around but this bin represents mostly text books from my stalled MBA attempt and computer classes (where the books are several versions old). I have to take a moment and really think hard if it is worth keeping some things around. These books didn't pass the "need to have" test.
220:365 - Dinner Out
04/13/2010 - I had a chiropractor appointment right after work and a massage appointment shortly after with no time to go home in between appointments. The weather was lovely so I was happy the plaza where my massage therapist practices out of had an outdoor table. 30 minutes of fresh air, dinner & reading was a treat!
221:365 - Chopping
04/14/2010 - Making food usually involves a lot of chopping! Good think I love cooking and chopping - it helps me clear my mind!
222:365 - Mistakes
04/15/2010 - I'm working on a baby sweater that has an adorable shawl collar. The pattern is okay but I'm finding it is leaving a bit to be desired. The shawl collar requires short rows but never specified to pick up the wraps. Not picking up the wraps looked bad and picking up the wraps looks bad (see arrows!). Sometimes I just have to let it go and figure that no one will notice the 7 bad wrap pickups on an adorable baby sweater (especially if there is an adorable baby in the sweater!!).
223:365 - Ivy League
04/16/2010 - I attended a college that had some wonderfully restored old buildings on it and the current university campus I work on has a fabulous building on it. To me old buildings are essential on a college campus. I just feel the history and feel connected with the students who walked those same halls years ago. Another essential for me on a college campus is some type of leafy vines grown up the sides of brick buildings.
224:365 - Tunes
04/17/2010 - Shane went to Best Buy today (unsupervised!) to purchase a new keyboard & mouse for himself. Much to my surprise he came home with a gift for me too! The bought me a small stereo for the kitchen that I can put my iPhone on and listen to music from that. I had to make some space on the counter but I was very excited to receive this gift as I love listening to music in the kitchen and had been wanting one of these for a while!
Number of pictures taken this week: 212

3 comments:
What a sweet gift from Shane! I love listening to music in the kitchen, too.
How are you liking Knit Two? I read the first one but wasn't as crazy about the second.
What a great gift! I love listening to my iPod while I cook.
I love the pictures of the pups in the sun. They look so relaxed and happy.
I don't think you can tell that there's a problem with the short rows in your knitting - it looks fine!
Post a Comment