Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring Has Arrived

I've gotten in the habit of carrying my dSLR with me to work just in case a good picture opportunity comes along and today was one of those days.  The temperature dropped into the 50s but the sun was shining bright and the skies were clear blue.  I had put in a long morning at my desk so around 12:15 I decided to grab my camera and walk around the grounds of my job to take pictures. I was delighted to find that spring has arrived and was ready to have its picture taken!

DSC_0564

DSC_0572

DSC_0575

DSC_0577

DSC_0579

DSC_0584

DSC_0591

DSC_0593

DSC_0594

DSC_0600

6 comments:

Liz said...

All of the photos are wonderful but the first one is my favorite. The blue sky behind just enhances it so much! I miss all the Iowa crabapples! We had a wonderful tree in our back yard. I spent so much time photographing it as well as all of the different specimens at Waterworks Park.

Do you like lilacs? If so, you've got to go to the lilac arboretum at Ewing Park when they're in bloom. It's overwhelming!

Also -- the rose garden at the Arts museum.

Just REQUESTS .... errrr.... suggestions! ;)

Anna said...

Looovely spring photos. I especially find number 6 to be fascinating.

Your spring is ahead of ours! Lucky you.

:kram:

Caffeine Girl said...

These are just beautiful. I like them all, but I think my favorite is the tulips! Although, you gets extra points for making dandilions look artsy!

I've got stop being lazy and using my one-shot all the time!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos.

Unknown said...

Wonderful post, Sara! I love the photos.

Anonymous said...

So many colors! Spring is definitely there. Finally, huh?