Friday, March 12, 2010

Signs that we've had a long winter....

Damage to our lawn from the snow plows....

DSC_9962

A piece of shingle found in the melting snow after they pulled the ice off our roof....

DSC_9967

The neighbor's tree has leaned even further toward my car after the ice storm....

DSC_9972

Christmas decorations are still out....and how can you blame them when they were buried 23 days before Christmas!

DSC_9988

Snow piles at the mall are still 15 feet high (even though this picture doesn't really snow the enormity of the piles)....

DSC_9989

The bobcats are still out, ready to go. It is as if we just don't believe winter is really over.

DSC_9990_edited-1

Rivers are overflowing their banks (this is at I-80 & Merle Hay)

DSC_9992

But the good thing is that even though these pictures show that Des Moines has had a hard winter it also means that spring is on the way!

3 comments:

Liz said...

The grass is already SO GREEN! Iowa dirt is amazing. (yes, I'm a cheez) but still... HAPPY SPRING!

Caffeine Girl said...

Wow, you did have a hard winter! Spring really does seem to be here, now, doesn't it?

Sarah said...

I was starting to believe we would never see green. I'm so happy to see my swamp of a lawn after months of snow.