(the blog post is only three weeks late, but I took pictures every day!)
141:365 - Sun & Grass?
01/24/2010 - I had a surprise when I opened up the window shade this morning. Not only was it sunny out but I could see the grass in the neighbor's yard! Signs of spring?
142:365 - Keeping Busy
01/25/2010 - Winter is hard on the pups so they like to chew on bully sticks to keep them busy. Or should I say I like them to chew on bully sticks to keep them busy! Skeeter was happy to sit on the chair & chew while I kept myself busy in the kitchen.
143:365 - Nasty Bruise
01/27/2010 - I had blood drawn on Monday for a wellness screening at work. If you participated you got $20 off your monthly health premiums at work. Since Shane & I carry "single" insurance at our respective jobs (it saves us hundreds a month) by participating I literally cut my monthly premium in half. The gentleman who took my blood was very nice but couldn't find a vein near my elbow. I don't mind having blood drawn but I don't like being poked over and over so I just told him to take it from my forearm. I knew it would bruise (and it did, badly) but it was worth it! Ignore the red sharpie X next to the bruise I was trying (and failing) to give my camera something to focus on!
144:365 - Fleeting Sunshine
01/28/2010 - The sun came out! I saw the sun shining from behind the trees and had to get my camera out to take a picture. So much snow here in Iowa and it has been an unusual winter in that the sun hasn't been out as much as usual.
145:365 - Present for Me
01/28/2010 -- So even though the dogs are in this picture it isn't about them. They were not listening so I just let them hang around. What was the gift to myself? The new shovel & ice scraper leaning against the door. I have a bent shovel for "pushing" snow but with all the snow we've had I need a "throwing" shovel and an ice scraper. Aren't I generous to myself??
146:365 - Full "Wolf" Moon
01/29/2010 - Full "Wolf" moon at 5:47AM. It was really foggy but the moon was super bright!
147:365 - Goodie Bag!

2 comments:
Great photos as always, SJ! And wow--that is some truly great swag you got at the Knit In! What a great bag (you can never have enough), and what kind of yarn do I spy on the table?
Also...hoping spring comes quickly for Sparky & Skeeter!
Yummy swag gifts! nice!
Is your wolf moon the same as our blue moon, I wonder? That's what we call 2 full moons in a month.
Post a Comment