134:365 - Rethink.
01/17/2010 - I've been thinking a lot latley about a lot of things. The dark & cold of winter always does this to me.
135:365 - Evening Plans
01/18/2010 - The perfect evening - rewatching LOST Season 5 & knitting with Malabrigo. Season 6 starts soon and I couldn't be more excited!
136:365 - Breakfast Treat
01/19/2010 - I had a special treat from my friend Sarah Jane (http://myruncheylife.blogspot.com/) this week. She is doing this awesome project of baking a new type of bread every week for a year. I loaned her one of my bread books and in return I got a freshly made loaf of raisin bread. It has made for tasty breakfasts all week!
137:365 - Ice Columns
01/20/2010 - We had a major ice storm overnight. While Mother Nature continues to pummel us with horrible weather I'm learning to embrace some of the beauty in the harsh winter. I ventured out with my camera (only as far as the driveway would take me!) and took this shot. Shane's Ford Edge has a small spoiler on the roof just above the back windshield. It always has icicles on it after ice but this time the icicles were so long they reached the back windshield.
138:365 - Consumer Disappointment
01/21/2010 - I bought these new gloves not even a month ago, when I bought my new winter boots. I wanted a pair of gloves that fit like a second skin. Enough so my fingers wouldn't freeze off but that still gave me dexterity. These fit the bill perfectly and I love them. Until they ripped at the seam the other day. I've already shredded the receipt and I'm disappointed because these were not cheap gloves. I can fix them so I'm not out any money but at the same time why did they rip already!??
139:365 - Wet Walk
01/22/2010 - The ice has melted and the sidewalks are mostly clear so I headed out on a nice long walk with the dogs after work. They were delighted to be out wandering around sniffing everything they could. It was more of a stroll because they were so busy. I was glad that I took the long walk. Despite the horrible fog and dampness in the air it felt good to just move and I know the dogs had a good time. The only negative was how wet my jeans got but that is why I own a dryer!
140:365 - Hiding Spot
01/23/2010 - Today we are getting rain (at least it isn't freezing rain!). Poor Skeeter does not like rain - thunder or not. For some reason it scares him. When it rains he hides in the back of the kitchen in the little nook that leads to the garage door. When he hides back there he feels safe so I'm okay with it because he does feel safe. When the rain or storms come we move an extra dog bed back there for him and he curls right up. It is a bit chilly in the house so I put his brother's sweater on him. It is way to big for him but it keeps him warm and he seems to love wearing it.
Number of photographs taken this week: 161

3 comments:
We love Lost, too, and can't wait for Season 6. It is the last season, though! :(
I love the "Colosseum of Icicles"---ans Skeeter's sweet face, of course!!
Skeeter looks so cute in that sweater! I am glad you enjoyed the raisin bread.
Post a Comment