Sunday, February 28, 2010

Year in Photographs - Week 25

Next week is week 26 - the 1/2 way point of this project.  Where has time gone??

169:365 - Dueling Spaghetti

YIP1 - 169:365 - Dueling Spaghetti

02/21/2010 - Sundays are the day that I cook Shane & I both a meal that we eat for lunches all week. Sometimes I make two completely separate dishes but other weeks, like this week, I make the same exact dish. Well, except one is vegetarian and the other isn't!

170:365 - Colorful Morning

YIP1 - 170:365 - Colorful Morning

02/22/2010 - It was a chilly morning outside but the sun was out so I didn't care. The colors were just beautiful as the sun came over the roof tops of the town homes across the street. I wish it hadn't been so cold as I would have stayed outside longer to enjoy the moment. That and it was Monday morning and those are always tough on time!

171:365 - Colorful Evening

YIP1 - 171:365 - Colorful Evening

02/23/2010 - The sun rises & sunsets have been amazing this week! I caught this over the hill when I got home from work. The last few nights (including this night) the sun literally looked like a spotlight shining up into the air. Just beautiful!

172:365 - Cold But Sunny

YIP1 - 172:365 - Cold But Sunny

02/24/2010 - I'm actually posting a picture of myself? What? This is my favorite kind of morning. Even though it was freezing cold I was warm because I was wrapped in a scarf & hat (that I made for myself) knit out of Malabrigo, my favorite yarn. Even though it was cold the sun was out so I got to rock my sun glasses. I wish I was smiling in this picture to show that I was smiling inside but I had just pulled into the parking space at work before I took this picture so I had my game face on.

173:365 - Go Away Headache

YIP1 - 173:365 - Go Away Headache

02/25/2010 - Too little sleep, too much time away from home and too many deadlines have left me with many headaches this week. As you can see there is a bottle of Excedrin in the back ground but before I reach for that I have been using this Headache Relief Balm from Cozy Moments. I've had good success with it so far. I highly recommend any of the products from Cozy Moments - I've enjoyed all that I've purchased from there (and no, I'm not being compensated in any way for that statement).

174:365 - I Love Pictures

YIP1 - 174:365 - I Love Pictures

02/26/2010 - If you have not figured it out I love pictures. I rarely print out pictures but that is a habit I need to break. I have this little collage up on the wall in my office. I spent all day today (Saturday) at work. I used the opportunity to get ahead and I'm glad I did. Having these pictures up on the wall provides me a happy space to gaze and give my brain a break.

175:365 - All That is Left

YIP1 - 175:365 - All That is Left

02/27/2010 - Coffee grounds! I have a 12 cup coffee maker on my counter with a built in grinder. I'm the only one in the house who drinks coffee and Shane can't even stand the smell of it. I bought a 32oz French Press last year and I love it. Every Saturday & Sunday I brew the most perfect pot of coffee and today was no different. Vermont Maple Nut Crunch coffee (from Smokey Row here in Des Moines, that I purchased) and I even had real half and half. Creamy, velvety and delicious. The perfect Saturday morning indulgence for a cold winter morning.

Number of pictures taken this week: 49

3 comments:

Anna said...

Do you guys really eat the same stuff for lunch fo an entire week? I get tired off the same food two days in a row...

Beautiful pictures as always! The sunrise and sunset makes me smile and I love how bundled up you look in your Malabrigo set. :)

Caffeine Girl said...

Congratulations on reaching the halfway point!

I like to cook a couple things on Sunday for lunches and dinners during the week.

Love the picture of you in your Malabrigo!

ZinkThink said...

Mmm, I love Smokey Row coffee. We have a coffee maker that was only used maybe once a month or so until we got some beans from Smokey Row. Now we've gone through more in a few weeks than in the last few months! :)

Awesome that you're almost halfway on your photo quest!