On January 19th I posted about what I'd knitted so far in January (I'd finished Snooty Snood, Colonnade Shawl & Op Top fair aisle hat at this point). January was an incredibly productive knitting month for me. It seems appropriate to post the rest of what I knit in January as it seems I am not going to finish any project in February. You read that right, I am going to finish nothing! I'm okay with that because it means my March finished projects will be stacked with what I couldn't finish in February!
Pattern: Peaks Island Hood by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Buscando Azul (exactly 2 skeins to finish, used a bit of the 3rd to sew in buttons)
Needles: US 10s
Thoughts: This pattern was a bit rough for me. I do not do well with patterns that involve being "intuitive". The pattern is lovely & well written but there were just some parts that confused me. I also didn't realize how the scarf was supposed to be worn until 3/4 of the way through. I added some length on the second part after the hood but knew I'd need to block 10 more inches out of it - thankfully I got the length I needed. In the end I love this project and I love it in Malabrigo. The recipient of this gift absolutley loved it and that put such a smile on my face!
Pattern: Koolhass by Jared Flood
Yarn: Classic Eliete Yarns Portland Tweed in Tidal Foam - just over 1 skein
Needles: US7s
Thoughts: I love knitting this hat. I wish I would have started on US6s for the ribbing and then gone up to 7s for the cable section but I was too lazy to do what the directions said to do! The first decrease row gave me a run for my money - how it didn't the first time I made this hat I don't know. I love this hat so much - both wearing it and knitting it.
Pattern: Conway Cloche by Gudrun Johnston
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Buscando Azul (used under one skein)
Needles: US 7 & 8
Thoughts: I love this hat & pattern! The pattern is interesting and creates a wondeful texture and I love the decreases. I bought the pattern when all procceeds when to Haiti and it was such a great investment - I'll be making many more of these.
Pattern: Squared Away Ribbed Watch Cap by Golden Apples
Yarn: Red Heart
Needles: US 7s
Thoughts: This is my "January Hat" for the Des Moines Metro Knitters Hat A Month Knit Along. I love the way this hat patterns at the top - it is very unique. However the pattern was a pain. I tried to just "trust" the pattern but that didn't work out so well. I frogged back and started the decreases again and was able to figure it out. I love the end result but the journey was a bit painful!
Pattern: Viking Hat by Becky Veverka
Yarn: Cascade 200 in Golden Rod (1 full skein), Ruby (1/2 a skein) & Black (1/8 of a skein)
Needles: US7s (hat); US5s (horns)
Thoughts: What a fun project! I wanted to make something for a friend who was having a really rough time at work. The mascot where we work is a Viking and she is a huge supporter of the athletic teams and of our workplace in general. I loved using Ravlery on this project to see modifications that people made. The result was fabulous - better than I'd hoped for. My coworker loved it! She put it on and walked down the hall twirling the braids and it now hangs on her computer monitor so she can enjoy it all day!

5 comments:
That Koolass hat is actually super cool. And I love the yarn you chose for the scarf! That blue is just amazing looking.
The viking hat is so silly awesome. :3
More fantastic projects! I think the Peaks Island Hood is my favorite. It's absolutely gorgeous! The Viking Hat looks like a lot of fun too!
I am impressed and incredibly jealous when I look at what you've accomplished. So many beautiful things. You are an amazing knitter.
Damn, I miss knitting. I've gotta make time to do some again real soon. That scarf is awesome!
Gorgeous, all of it!! And that Viking Hat is on my WANT! list. (It also made me laugh out loud--it looks fantastic on you!)
March nears...I can't wait to see what you do next!
Post a Comment