When things get tough sometimes I just have to stop. Step back and find things that make me happy. When my day is ruined my 9:30 AM I have to do something to recenter & refocus myself. To just let go of all the crap festering inside. Today that was putting on my headphones & cranking up Dave Matthews and going through my pictures on Flickr. Here are some pictures I've taken that make me smile. I need a lot of smiles today and these helped so I figured I would share what makes me smile...
My happy happy puppy Sparky playing with me and his favorite ball (I *love* that his tail is wagging in this picture)
My sweeet sweet Skeeter who always has a kiss for me!
I made this shawl for my grandmother when my grandfather passed away. I knit the shawl to comfort her but also to comfort myself. Sometimes, when I see this picture I tear up. I feel that way now and I did tear up when I saw a picture of my grandfather on Flickr. Time passes so quickly. It has already been two years since he passed and I still miss him every day.
My family who are too far away on days like today but at least my dear Shaner is here! I also have great friends (too many to picture) who support me from near & far!
A favorite yarn colorway - Lorna's Laces "Water Color"
The dog park....we are SO close to being able to go back. Hopefully this month!
Lattes. Of course they make me smile!
The lake...thinking of vacations past and those to come....
Being outside, taking pictures of my toes....
Sea Otters!
The beauty the country hangs on to.
And of course....flowers of all kinds!

7 comments:
Sorry it was a rough day from the start!
My grandpa died 15 years ago, and I still miss him every day.
And I, too, love the watercolor Lorna's!
Hey Luv!!! I'm right there with you!!
Thank you for brighting up my day too!!!
You just brightened my day. Thank you for the reminder to reflect on what makes me happy.
What great photos! I love the wagging tail in the first picture - it's so adorable. Pets always make me feel happier too.
Love , love the pictures! And the sea otters have to be the favorites--they are my little darlings. I have a strange fascination with them, for some reason!
Thanks for making me smile as well! I think I know where the sea otter lives and the flower pictures threw me off. They're gorgeous! Fantastic! Makes me want to skip work, go home and get my camera and the car, drive somewhere and take pictures...
Hope you're feeling better today. :kram:
Ok, I'd have a heart attack if my dog kids jumped in a lake...
Tina J.
Post a Comment