This has been a tough week and it isn't over yet.
Tyipcally I like to stay positive on my blog but this week has been weighing heavy on my mind. Work has been unusually busy this week which has only made this more difficult. I need a space to write down all that I've been thinking about this week in hopes that it will help me move forward.
- a friend's elderly mother fell ill and ended up in the ER
- a friend delivering her twins via emergency C section at 32 weeks (everything is going well though)
- a friend's mother struggling with her battle against cancer
- a friend's mother just starting her battle against cancer
- unannounced layoffs at Shane's job (he is okay but a friend of his was laid off)
- the devastating earthquake in Haiti
- a friend's restaurant (which they have owned for over 40 years) sustained major damage from a fire
Life is fragile. Life is unexpected. However life is a great gift and despite the heaviness on my mind I need to remember that. Bad things happen but good happens too.
To those of you in this post, know I'm thinking of you. Sending as many good thoughts your way as I can. If you need anything just let me know.
For everyone else, know I'm sending good vibes your way too! Please send a prayer or thought in the direction of the people on my list (even if you don't know them) along with me to help them through these tough times.
I'll just keep hoping for blue skies and sunshine to help me through.

7 comments:
:kram: * 1,000
<3 The one thing that's been made clear to me this week is that so many good things can come out of what seems to be a terrifying situation. I'm so much more grateful for tiny little steps in the right direction. And completely aware of the support of my friends. Love to you!
Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping it eases up SOON. {{hugs}}
sometimes things hurt more and are more scary and upsetting the bigger your heart is. you have a big heart, that's one of my favorite things about you (from a long long long list of things). sending good thoughts/vibes out to your people. love you sister.
Hugs to you. I'm glad the weekend will be here soon, and I hope it brings you some peace and relaxation.
That is a truckload of sorrow. Blue skies seem like a good thing to stay focused on.
I am praying for your friends, just as you have done for Mama and me! There are so many struggling, and I do think those who empathize with others deeply hurt more.
It's true that good things can come out of bad situations....it just will be in the future that we see it.
I'm glad to call you Friend, Sara!
Post a Comment