Sunday, January 17, 2010

Year In Pictures - Week 19

127:365 - I have a problem

YIP1 - 134:365 - I have a problem


01/10/2010 - (please excuse the out of focus picture!) This is my spice & cook book cabinet. I have no room left. I need to clean it out but it seems like too big of a job. I just shut the doors & pretend it isn't there!


128:365 - Birthday Tradition

YIP1 - 128:365 - Birthday Tradition


01/11/2010 - Today is Shane's birthday and typically on his birthday I make his favorite cake - a Hot Fudge Pudding Cake. The recipie comes from his family. He really loves this cake and gets to eat the whole thing himself because, well, I can't stand the texture of it! (No worries, I had a slice of cheesecake to celebrate his birthday!).


129:365 - Home Late

YIP1 - 129:365 - Home Late


01/12/2010 - So it was only 34 minutes late but it felt like an eternity late. I try not to work late or go in super early. I work my 8 hours and go home. I put in extra time when needed and this week it was needed a lot.


130:365 - Working through lunch

YIP1 - 130:365 - Working through lunch


01/13/2010 - Long week, broken record here! I love having two monitors at work as it really lets me multitask! Email and an instant messenger window on one side and Ravelry on the other. Multi-tasking lunches are an evil necessity!


131:365 - New Project

YIP1 - 131:365 - New Project

01/14/2010 - There is nothing like starting a new project using Malabrigo during a tough week. If I could only knit with Malabrigo for the rest of my life I think I'd be okay.


132:365 - Camera Disaster

YIP1 - 132:365 - Camera Disaster

01/15/2010 - It only took me 3 months to shatter the screen of my first iPhone so I should be SHOCKED that it took me two and a half years to have a disaster with my dSLR camera. It still hurt. A lot. I tyipcally have my camera in my purse. Tonight, when getting out of the car I dropped my purse. Apparently it fell on the side with the camera. I went to take pictures of the water damage to our walls and couldn't get the lens cap off. Then I heard rattling. Then I realized what happened. I am SO thankful that I have this clear UV filter on my camera. This $40 piece of glass shattered but my lens? It is fine. Sure, there is a ton of glass build up that I'll have to have professionally cleaned but I don't have to buy a new lens. Hopefully this is the last camera disaster for a while!


133:365 - Slush

YIP1 - 133:365 - Slush


01/16/2010 - The slush is every where. The temperatures have been in the 30s all week which has been such a treat but the slush and solid ice on my side road is starting to get old. Spring will be here soon (I hope!).

Number of pictures taken this week: 95

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I do think shutting the door and pretending it doesn't need to be cleaned out is the best way to deal with it.

Anonymous said...

Ouch to the camera, but like you said, at least it wasn't a lens.

Shane gets his OWN cake? Don't let anyone in my family hear it, or they'll be asking for the same thing.