Saturday, October 10, 2009

Welcome to...

Fall....Winter....Iowa?  I woke up to snow falling this morning. This shouldn't have been a big surprise to me as the forecasters said this would happen but I was in denial.  Snow on October 10th? Really?  Yes, really.  It flurried big fat flakes until around noon and then by one o'clock it was all melted, the sun shining brightly and the sicks full of puffy clouds and clear blue.  Hopefully we still have a few nice weeks left before the bone chilling cold of winter sets in.

DSC_7266_edited-1

DSC_7274

DSC_7271

DSC_7277_edited-1

DSC_7278

4 comments:

Anna said...

Snow on October 10th is just too early!!!

Tina J. said...

Oh boy, I miss the fall colors in Iowa! It's pretty nothing here in the panhandle of Nebraska!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a winter wonderland...in October! Send some cool weather our way please :-)

Meredith said...

Whoa - we've been cold here, but no snow yet. I'm still hoping for some nice mild fall days too!