Friday, October 16, 2009

A Friday Night Out

Things at work have been a bit rough.  A lot rough.  Vacation start Wednesday and it can't come soon enough.  I only have four days of work left for the rest of the month and it is still four days to many.  When I got home from work and yet another trip to Target I realized that it was actually pretty nice outside.  Sure there was only five minutes of sunshine today but it wasn't windy or raining or snowing or freezing cold when I got home and that was an improvement over the rest of the week.

Despite being exhausted and in desperate need of sitting on the couch I went upstairs, changed in to my raggy jeans and let two very bouncy dogs out of their kennel.  Skeeter jumped up on the bed and when I asked him to sit he bowed and started barking at me.  See, Skeeter has learned that when we ask him to sit and I have raggy jeans on (yes, he knows the difference!) he knows what is going on.  When he finally sat I asked him his favorite question in the world: "Skeeter, do you want to go to the park?".  I heard barking and two flashes of white fur as the pups ran down the stairs to remind me where the leashes are kept.

The boys were excited could you tell?  As they should be.  I haven't taken the dogs to the park since my birthday on September 7th.  One month and nine days ago.  Precious time lost - more so now that the bad weather has settled over Des Moines.  I didn't really want to go to the park but I knew the dogs deserved it.  Of course, by the time we got home my mood had completely turned around.  How could it not after enjoying a beautiful fall evening, breathing in crisp fall air and most importantly watching my dear puppies run to their hearts content.

My idea of a perfect Friday Night Out.

DSC_7337

Something Dead to Roll In! They smelled NASTY!


DSC_7344

Sunsets make for the best shadow pictures

DSC_7357

Sparky posing in the sunset wondering why I'm standing still

DSC_7359

Two Brothers on the Run!  They love running free so much and it always makes me smile to see them so happy.  This stop sign has always been in this spot at the park.  I remember when it was red - it is completely faded now.

DSC_7381

Sparky flying through the fields - he loves the tall grass.  He is stretched completely out (back legs fully behind him) parallel to the ground.  He does this all the time I was just finally lucky enough to catch a picture of it!

And my favorite picture from my night out....

DSC_7393

Skeeter returning a tennis ball to me! Ears tucked back, running full speed with a BIG grin on his face.  He may be blurry because he is fast but there is no question that this is a very happy puppy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh, how adorable! I can tell how much fun they had just by looking at these photos. Have a GREAT vacation, you deserve it!