Six weeks done already? Any idea where the last 6 weeks have gone?
36:365 - Supervisor
10/11/2009 - See that little head peeking out at the end of the counter? That is Sparky all curled up on his bed on an extra dining room chair. I was in the kitchen most of the morning cooking and washing dishes and Sparky curled up in his bed under his blanket and supervised my actions. This is our typically Sunday routine!
37:365 - BLT Goodness
10/12/2009 - Cooking after work is hard as all of us know. I typically go for quick meals and one of our favorites has become BLTs (or bacon lettuce & tomato and of course some mayo!). Of course I don't use real bacon but I love them so much with veggie bacon!
38:365 - Too Much Homework
10/13/2009 - Homework sucks.
39:365 - Effects of Stress
10/14/2009 - Things have been a bit stressful. For years I bit my nails - a seriously bad habit. I was able to kick that habit several years ago but now, in times of stress I replace it by picking at the skin around my nails. The only way to make myself stop is to put a band-aid on it.
40:365 - Hoping
10/15/2009 - This is my spot on the couch (with a spot for a puppy on each side). I miss this spot - I haven't been here since Monday night because of homework and life. Hopefully I can enjoy the spot after knitting tonight!
41:365 - Fall Colors
10/16/2009 - I'm disappointed with fall colors - they are pretty but nothing like what Liz has been showing off but I shouldn't expect New England colors in Iowa. I went to the park Friday night and it was right around the time the sun was setting. It did light up the colors a bit more and was lovely.
42:365 - Road Trip
10/17/2009 - We are lacking yarn stores in Des Moines so every once in a while a road trip is necessary to find some new yarn. I headed off to Muscatine Iowa with my knitting group to go to Crazy Girl Yarn Shop. It was a fantastic day filled with good food, fantastic yarn, and wonderful company.
Number of Pictures Taken This Week: 159

4 comments:
wow! 6 weeks already... I just can't get enough. :) Your knitting spot is beckoning. I hope you get some downtime for it, soon.
I'm surprised to hear that the fall colors in Iowa are disappointing this year. I do have to say that the photo that you took is really lovely... love the golden sunlight.
Crazy Girl! What'd you get? what'd you get?
Mmm, those BLTs look yummy. Hope you can relax a bit soon!
At least you get some fall colors. We don't get New England, Midwest, nothing. It goes straight from green to brown, lol.
I'm afraid I've always picked the skin off around my nails!! I nevfer bit them--but I've picked them til they bled--just anxiety/stress/whatever. I TRY not to do it, but sometimes, I don't notice til it's too late.
Thanks for stopping by--yep--I hope he'll have more time with his wife and kids, after Nov.2nd!!
Trudy
Post a Comment