Friday, September 25, 2009

A Walk Through the Gardens Before the Last Blossom Falls...

Several weeks ago knitting was on the east side of town where I work so I didn't want to drive home and all the way back out for knitting nor did I want to sit at my desk on a beautiful sunny day.  Despite not feeling well I took my camera to Union Park on East 9th.  I drive by there on my way to and from I235 (when I feel like sitting in traffic) and there is a small garden in the corner of the park that has been very bright & vibrant all summer.  I spent about an 45 minutes taking pictures and experimenting with my macro lens.  I need to make a point to do this type of activity more often as I really enjoy the process and the end result.  Here are some of my favorite shots from that night.

DSC_6227

DSC_6199

DSC_6262

DSC_6204

DSC_6272

DSC_6277


And my absolute favorite:

DSC_6269

5 comments:

Lisa (JeepGirl) said...

wow -so any beautiful shots! the red one would look great on EJs wall!! :-)

you really have an eye!!

Liz said...

wow!! These are stunning. I particularly love the green leaf. Beautiful! More More More!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful, beautiful photos! You are so handy with that camera.

Anonymous said...

WOW. SJ, those are gorgeous! Stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are beautiful! The last photo is now on my desktop at work. :)