15:365 - Tired Eye
09/20/2009 - Lately I simply cannot stay caught up on sleep or on life. I'm constantly exhausted and it shows on my face. At 8PM last Sunday, when I took this, I was drained. My poor eyes were blood shot, you can see the impression on the side of my nose from my glasses and the dark circles under my eyes was rather scary. On a different note this is also a photo of my blue eye that has a leak of brown on it - I say I'm so full of it that it has started leaking.
16:365 - Watery Trees
09/21/2009 - Des Moines finally got some much needed rain. I love taking pictures of rain but none of them taken really came out. This shot was from my car - I think there was something in the glass that let my camera actually focus on the rain drops instead of the trees.
17:365 - Me & My Boys
09/22/2009 - There is nothing like coming home to three of the things I love most in this world, my darling husband, Shane, the always-kissy-puppy Sparky and the never-dull-Skeeter. My life would not be complete without my boys!
18:365 - Hotel Afire (Not Really)
09/24/2009 - The sunrise on this Wednesday morning was spectacular. I went to get a latte (big surprise) from caribou and from the drive through I noticed this Holiday Inn's windows reflecting the brilliance of the sunrise. I've seen this before but finally had my camera to catch it. This picture doesn't do it justice, but it is the best I could do.
19:365 - What I See All Day
09/24/2009 - This is my desk at work, where I sit for far to long Monday through Friday. I'm lucky to have my own office space where I can have things around me that make me smile when I have those rough moments at work. Sparky and Skeeter, crocheted by Stacia (http://knitting-crochetingcyclone.blogspot.com), stand on my monitor stand, my desktop picture is always a picture that speaks to me, my mouse pad with yarn on it and of course pictures are on the walls and bookshelves - I can never have enough pictures around me.
20:365 - The Corn Has Passed
09/25/2009 - I live in Iowa in the suburbs but because I live in Iowa there is a corn field at the end of my road before a 90 degree turn. I've watched the corn grow from seed to taller than me and now it has passed which means fall is quickly approaching.
21:365 - Fae Ridge
09/26/2009 - Fae Ridge Farm is a little slice of heaven. My dear friend Barb goes to Fae Ridge every Saturday for knitting and since we were in town this weekend she invited me along. It was such a fantastic adventure! The members of the knitting group were such a welcoming group and I discovered new yarns! Not only was there yarn and laughter but Janette, the owner of the farm, let me wander around to photograph her farm. It had rained on and off all day so when I finished my pant legs were soaked 1/2 way to my knees and my shoes squished but it was so worth it. To be able to get up close and personal with this small farm was a fabulous experience. Look for a blog post soon that focuses on this day.
Pictures Taken This Week: 228

4 comments:
yay! wow, Fae Ridge Farm sounds like it was a good time.
I love the hotel afire... great title!
WONDERFUL pictures as always. I have the same mouse pad!
I love the watery trees picture - it looks pretty cool.
My daughter, who passed away 11 years this past Aug,20th, had blue eyes and one of them had brown freckles in it!! She was 31 when she died--just a year older than you, Sarah!!
I have terrible dark circles--it runs in my family, so I guess it just is something I've learned to live with! But not willingly!!
I tried to comment earlier but it just didn't take. Sara, I absolutely love Watery Trees and The Corn Has Passed. They tell a story that so many of us in Iowa know so well.
Post a Comment