I've decided to include the Flickr descriptions below the photos here. I have uploaded the pictures to Flickr as viewable to Friends & Family which doesn't help others who visit my blog who might not be a contact of mine on Flickr.
The main reasons is because I love knowing why people have taken a particular picture - to know what they were feeling or thinking at that moment. This project feels like it will be very personal to me, almost like I'm letting you into my every day, to little moments you wouldn't see unless you were a fly on my shoulder.
So here is my second week in YIP - September 13th through September 19th.
8:365 - Clutter Clutter Clutter
09/13/2009 - You are looking at the aftermath of me being sick for a week, shopping trips and no time to put anything away. No matter what I do I can never keep my dining room table clear for longer than a day. If there is open space it is filled immediately.
9:365 - Office Supply Love
09/14/2009 - I love office supplies. Of any and all kinds. I got these in my campus mailbox on Tuesday - a lovely birthday gift from the Controller who knows of my love. A whole tray of Sharpies - they have been well used already!
10:365 - My To-Dos
09/15/2009 - I've found my life to be getting a bit crazy. Many things to do every day, events to remember, deadlines to meet. Last year I started keeping a notebook of my to-dos. There is one page for every single day and I write everything down...including the things I do every day (like make lunches, walk dogs) because I figure I'm doing them I should get the satisfaction of crossing them off the list. I keep the notebook close at hand so that as I think of things I can jot them down. It helps me not feel overwhelmed, remember when things need to be done and to break up my chores over several days.
11:365 - LaLaLatte
09/16/2009 - They are back for the glorious fall season. Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks. I would drink these every day, several times a day but I would go into deep deep debt. This morning I was exhausted and figured a PSL would help me make it through the morning. With an extra shot of espresso this morning pick me up cost me: $5.25. Thank goodness for the graciousness of a dear friend who bought me a gift card for my PSL obsession. Nothing better than a "free" Pumpkin Spice Latte!
12:365 - ...And I'm in here
09/17/2009 - The weather here in Iowa has been so lovely. The sunshine moves across my office and then blue sky quietly call me. Yet here I sit, behind my desk as the lovely weather calls my name.
13:365 - Friday Night Pizza
09/18/2009 - We eat out a lot, more than I'd like to admit. We actually don't eat out, we get food to go. Recently I've discovered Papa Murphy's pizza - it is take and bake so we can have fresh, hot pizza when we decide. This is my favorite pizza from there, okay, the only one I've ever tried. It is their Veggie DeLite - a thin crust with a white sauce, spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes and 3 cheeses. It is amazing and just want I needed after a long week.
14:365 - Wedding Fancy
09/19/2009 - We were invited to one of my co-worker's weddings this evening. I love buying gifts for people and I love wrapping them too. I had fun with this one - making sure the stripes on the wrapping paper matched up. The wedding was lovely - Congratulations to Lyndi & Jerre!
Number of pictures taken this week: 48 (what a HUGE difference from last week!)
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Year in Photographs - Week 2
Posted by essjay at 6:44 PM Labels: 2009, Photography, YIP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
... and it also makes your friends from afar still feel connected with your everyday... probably moreso than I was when I lived nearby! I love this project.
When you read things that your IRL friends type, do you hear their voice? When I read your blog entries, I hear you!
Thank you for the birthday card, by the way. :D I obviously need to start a notebook like this... especially since I have a birthday package for you sitting by the back door that has been there for 3 weeks! (she shamefully admits)
Oh, I love these posts and I'm sure looking forward to more of them!
And it's funny, but I always thought you were up on the first or second floor of your building. I never pictured you on the ground floor. I wonder why...
Just wanted to echo that I love this project. Your pictures are such a wonderful peek into your life. I may also need to start keeping a To Do list like that.
I love the photos - our dining room table also becomes a storage space, for some reason. And I'm going to have to try a pumpkin spice latte, that sounds so good!
How lovely! That pizza makes me hungry, though!
If there's a flat surface in my house, you can bet it's piled up with "stuff"! My only excuse for it is no excuse!! I don't work like you do!
I used to journal everyday and loved to go back and read them. I don't know why I stopped...it just went by the wayside, after 12-15 years of doing it!
Post a Comment