Winter is not being kind to central Iowa this year...or to Seattle (where they've had a foot of snow) and many other parts of this country. While the weather is lovely to look at from the warmth of my home it is no fun to be out in and when the bad weather makes me miss knitting group? That just doesn't seem right. Despite the weather, I'm counting my blessings and remembering how lucky I am for so many reasons. And, instead of going to knitting group, I can cover up with a blanket on the couch, a puppy on each side and knit the day away. That isn't too bad, right?
I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday of their choice and enjoyed time with family, friends and various loved ones.
PS. I had to laugh - when I went out to take these pictures I took ice melt with me to spread on the driveway. I set it down to take some pictures and next thing I knew the ice melt jug had slid down the drive way and into the middle of the street. Apparently even ice melt isn't going to do the trick today. Thank goodness for Yak Trax on my shoes!

4 comments:
Sara, those pix are fantastic. I particularly like the one of the icicles hanging from the spoiler (at that's what it looks like). My windshield looked like that too and it took a long time for me to break into my car on Saturday; luckily I had a spare scraper to get at the frozen door!
Hi Sweetpea! Hope your Christmas was good!!
I almost wish we had snow and ice... Our Christmas (and winter) isn't much different now than any normal autumn day in November... Darkness. Mist. Rain. Overcast.
Today we had temperatures below freezing but it wasn't one of those pleasant cold mornings...
I wnat my vacation and a warm bed.
Hope your holidays are nice and warm this year! :kram:
Beautiful, but COLD-looking, photos!
Post a Comment