How can I login to Google Reader and have 2000+ posts to read? Then, after I clear the news and other 'junk' I get down to 300 and I still wonder how that happens. I find that I've been reading blogs off Ravelry's friends activity tab and thinking "I'll go back and comment later" and then 2 months later I'm thinking "I never commented".
Does this happen to you? Do you read and then just get behind. Do you just get behind. I'm really good at laying a guilt trip on myself for not keeping up, but I know I'm just human and this is a busy time for so many of us. Do you have e-mails that go unanswered (I admittedly have one from August I haven't responded to)? Do you have shows that sit on your DVR for months and months? Books that stack up on your nightstand? Blog posts you meant to post? Letters you meant to write? Sweaters you meant to knit for your sister...
Were does time go and where can I get some of the surplus floating around out there?
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
How Does it Happen?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thankfully, I don't have a DVR, and I gave up blogging. ;) But emails, books, and sweaters (or other knitting)... I'm guilty of all of those too.
There are only so many hours in a day, and we can only do so much. It would be nice to have more time though.
I can answer almost all your questions with a yes. We do have a DVR but I hardly ever use it for recording (maybe because I know I forget to watch whatever I recorded?) and I also have no plans for knitting my sister a sweater...
I'm actually getting better and better at not beating myself up for not "keeping up". I go through my bloglists quite frequently and delete the blogs I feel slightly insecure about. I'd rather read the ones I really want to read than go through too many "blah-posts".
And you know what? We all have 24 hours a day to do things in. And we all prioritize differently. And that's okey.
:kram:
Well, I'm sometimes behind on blog-posts. Im only human and rather busy, so skip the part I'm behind on and just start reading when I have time. I don't always comment, (again, I'm only human) but I try to read all blogposts (thanks to ravelry). However, I do want to knit and my day only counts 24 hours, so if I don't have enough time, I'll try to make time for my knitting and the forum-reading/ravelry/blog-reading will be put a little bit on the back.
I'm always behind on my correspondence, work or personal. And my knitting and blogging.
Time gets flushed down the drain in the pursuit of a paycheck. Americans need a more European approach to work and vacation, damn it!
Sweetie, think about how much worse it would be if you had kids, lol! I try not to feel bad about it because I do it, too. It's a lot to keep up with!
I'm looking for a faith that includes reincarnation--after a few go-arounds I might actually get some things done. (With my luck I'll probably go down the enlightenment chain and end up without opposing thumbs.)
I'm always impressed with your accomplishments, however!
I've been asking the universe for a few extra hours in the day, but I'm not getting a response. Stoopid universe. Just do what you can do and know that we love you anyway!
Happy New Year, by the way!
Post a Comment