Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring? What is that?

It has finally happened. Thankfully. Spring appears to have arrived in Iowa. Our yard only has one little patch of snow left, that seems to be hanging on! That snow is probably from January!The yard is a mud hole, thanks mostly to the plows who piled 6+ feet of snow at the end of our yard.



Notice that this picture has a lovely blue cast to it? That is what happens when you don't change your white balance to day light from fluorescent....it tries to accommodate for all the blue that fluorescent lights don't have!

The other way I know that Spring has arrived in Iowa is that it is raining and the drives to and from work look like this.

Foggy. Yes, there is a hill there, but what you can't see is the highway at the bottom of the hill.

I'm not complaining though - I'm thrilled that spring has finally showed up! Soon I'm sure the flowers will begin appearing to accompany the birds that have shown back up.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Happy Spring! It's my favorite time of year.