Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday Ramblings.....

Sharon tagged me with a meme, my first in my new blog!

The Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 (or more) pages.
At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks

2. Open the book to page 123 and find the 5th sentence.
(I haven't even made it to 123 yet!!!)
"I know, but it is strange, don't you think?"

3. Post the next 3 sentences.
I mean, you met her. Did she strike you as the type who would just up and leave without telling anyone?" "Who knows," Alvin said.

HUH? Dialogue with no context!

4. Tag 5 people.

In other news...I believe that spring has finally sprung in Iowa. The weather is a bit chilly but there is no snow. Sure, we have rain & tons of mud, but did I mention that we have no snow? I finished another scarf, started a pair of clogs for my husband, and learned I need to frog back a wrist warmer because my screw up just isn't recoverable. Oh well, at least it isn't 1/2 a sweater!

Now that spring is here I can feel some energy coming back, which is nice. Of course, I wore out that energy very quickly, but part of it resulted in some home made bread.


Please ignore how "ugly" it looks. It was my first crack at bread on my own. I used a recipe from The Bread Bible which was a birthday present from Anree, a fabulous bread baker! I don't know what happened but after adding 4 cups of flour the dough refused to take any more, so I stopped. Anree suspects that the bread needed more flour to look right. Ugly or not I'm super proud of this bread because it tastes so darn yummy. Isn't that the point?

I've also been trying to come up with ten pictures for my next two photo assignments (luckily this week is spring break, so no class). I'm not revealing what those assignments are, but this picture fits both of them.


Ahhhhh......skinny vanilla latte, as big as they come. Purchased energy anyone?

4 comments:

iKate said...

Oooh, this is my first "tagging" too, SJ! Thanks. :) That vanilla latte looks delicious...that's my usual order, too. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you're getting warmer weather! I've never baked bread from scratch, so I'm impressed.

Stiney said...

I wasn't tagged, but here's mine.

"In Exercises 59-66, use the given information to write an equation."

Next 3:
"Let x represent the number described in each exercise. Then solve the equation and find the number. 59. If a number is multiplied by 6, the result is 10."

Bluebird49 said...

Hi Sweetiepie-
The bread looks good from here, but I'll eat "ugly bread" if it tastes like GOOD bread anytime!

Hope you're feeling better now that spring seems to be on the way. Sorry your photography class isn't as much fun as you wanted, but I'll bet you will learn a lot from it.

Hugs, Trudy