I must admit that I'm not enjoying this photograph class as much as I'd hoped I would. I've been debating dropping the class (and we've only had four classes) but I'm going to try to stick with it and not complain to much! One thing I'm glad for is that I do know how to use my camera and I know what ISO, f/stop, and shutter speed are all about and how they interact with one another. I am one of three students (in a class of 20) that has a dSLR, everyone else has a point & shoot. I don't know why I expected this to be a "technical" class....I'm glad it isn't because it allows me to focus on the creative side of photography. I think a lot of it has to do with the professor - unorganized in time and lecture. I feel like other students are just lost because of this. I'll make it through!
We've had to turn in two assignments so far. One focusing on shutter speed (how long could we hold our camera before the picture blurs) and a "shoot around". The "shoot around" pictures were to be of one object, shot from a bunch of different angles.
I won't bore you with pictures of shutter speed (five pictures of the SAME thing. I am proud to say that I didn't show shake until the shutter was open for one second.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Photo Assignment Time
For the shoot around I decided to get three flowers and take pictures on the dining room table because it was so cold outside (and I'm a sissy). I draped a black sheet over the table and chairs and clipped desk lamps to the table to ensure light (my own fake photo studio). The professor said a few of the shots had "good composition" and I did a good job getting photos from other angles. I took 52 pictures of these f&*#ing flowers and turned in these five, the only five I liked.
Next assignments include self-portraits and close-ups. It is spring break next week so I have 11 days to take 10 great pictures. I have one already, my coffee this morning.
Posted by essjay at 9:59 AM Labels: 2008, Photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Those are really nice pictures! Great job.
Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the class as much as you thought you would... But you know what? You take great photos!!! I love the ones you took of the flower!
:kram:
Awesome photos! I really like them.
Too bad the class is not what you thought it would be--hopefully you can get something out of it!
I think you're doing beautifully, and you're making me want to take a class! My pictures usually look like the--uh-backside of a donkey?--unless they're pictures of Davey and Katherine!
Trudy
Post a Comment