I had a friend the other day say that I had been “busy” when I posted pictures of a few knitting FOs. I chuckled because I think of my knitting as productive laziness. It is a perfect excuse for me to sit on the couch and watch TV and movies allllllll day long. Yet, after a day of doing “nothing” I have a whole heck of a lot of knitting to show for it! Here are a few of my latest finished objects, fresh off the blocking board.
Pattern: Princess Wrap by Betsy Perry from Classic Elite Yarns (a free pattern)
Yarn: Dream In Color Classy, in the Gothic Rose color way (which I am totally in love with) (about 3/4 of a skein used)
Needles: US # 7 Knit Pick Metal Option Circular (24”)
Time Frame: Started on February 13th, finished on February 23rd, blocked on March 8th
Made For: My Grandma
Thoughts: I knit this wrap for my grandma, whose birthday is on March 18th. I started this just two days after my grandfather passed away. It became a prayer shawl of sorts – it helped me with my grieving and with every stitch I was thinking about my grandmother and sending thoughts her way. I absolutely love this pattern – it is a great lace pattern and so easy to follow. It ended up about 12 inches wide and probably 65 inches long (bigger then the pattern was supposed to be and I used 200 yards less yarn!!!) I do love the colors of the yarn – I wish the feel was softer but blocking helped a bit. This yarn blocked *perfectly*.
Pattern: Diagonal Knot Stitch Scarf by Nichole Downing (free Ravelry download)
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted in Tortuga (1 skein plus leftovers)
Needles: US # 11 Knit Pick Metal Option Circular (24”)
Time Frame: Started on February 23th, finished on February 29rd, blocked on March 8th
Made For: Who knows!
Thoughts: This is a super quick pattern, once you get over the P3togs that I mentioned a few post ago! I widened the scarf to 34 stitches instead of 22. I used 1 skein plus a little left over from the Bucket Hat. I liked this scarf a lot, then I blocked it and now I love it! Blocking it really opened up the pattern. It makes it not as wind proof, but super cozy still.
I did learn some fun photography lessons on this one. Anything in the red family is SUPER hard to get the correct color. Even these pictures don't show the color 100%. I also read somewhere that darker colors will look better on dark back grounds. By golly they were right! I also learned that no picture of anything knit with Malabrigo will never do the texture and softness justice.
Off to work after lunch break now....and waiting for the next moments of productive laziness!

2 comments:
Thanks for those photo tips--I didn't know that!
The shawl is so lovely, especially the sentiment behind it. And I just love that scarf...I'm going to have to add that one to my queue.
They both came our great! I wish I could be as productively lazy as you! =)
Post a Comment