Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Time To Say Goodbye


My grandfather passed away about an hour ago. He's been fighting lung cancer for 6 months now (second battle) and Alzheimer's for several years. His time came tonight and while my whole family is very saddened, the battle was long and hard and he is at peace, what matters most.

I hope you know how loved you are Grandpa, and how very much you will be missed.

14 comments:

Sharon said...

{{BIG HUGS}} to you. I'm so sorry for your family's loss....you and yours will be in my thoughts.

iKate said...

Oh, SJ, I will definitely be thinking about you and your family! I'm glad that your grandfather is finally at peace. :hugs:

ekittie said...

:hugs:

Lieke said...

{hug}

I'm really sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

:kram:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope your family can find peace & solace in the coming days. {{{hugs}}}

Liz said...

{{{hugs}}} My condolences and prayers go out to you and your family.

Stiney said...

I'm sorry, Sara. :hug: Let me know if you need anything.

brownishcoat said...

So very sorry for your loss. Lots of hugs from here. :kram:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry about your loss.

DiscKnits said...

SJ, please know that I am thinking about you and your family. This is a hard time, but take comfort in knowing that he is no longer suffering.

Meredith said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Bluebird49 said...

I'm so sorry I missed this,, Honey!! I didn't know either of my grandfathers. They both were gone long before I was born-in fact, I think they both died at age 39, although they weren't born the same year or anything. I'm so sorry --I know you will miss him so much---keep all those good memories and let your tears wash away the hurt.

Littlelou said...

I just read this post after popping in via Ravelry. I was very moved..and what a nice photo. My grandad died at 58 when I was 11..he was my father figure and best friend. losing someone is never easy but what a lovely tribute on your blog xx