I want to thank all of you who commented and sent e-mails after my grandfather's passing. Even if you didn't comment or e-mail but you thought about my family, I appreciate it. I'm feeling much better now that a week has passed. I didn't make it to the service but I hear it was beautiful - 200 people showed up and many fantastic stories were shared. I was there in spirit and as much as I wanted to go my return home would have been difficult with the storm we got last weekend. Thank you again for all your thoughts - they are so appreciated.
Winter is still hanging on with a death grip here in Iowa. My sister (and others) so nicely that soon I'll be complaining about the heat and humidity and they are probably right. So, as I had tears running down my face this morning while out in -32 F wind chill I tried to think of warm, nice places...
Where the water is not frozen solid and the sun is out to make rainbows.....
Where there is enough green grass to play with the dogs and giggle at their crazy maneuvers in efforts to get their tennis balls.... And where it is warm enough to lay on the grass all afternoon long.
Those times are coming. Right? PLEASE!!!
I'll stay buried in yarn in the mean time! I'm working on the lace Princess Wrap out of Dream in Color Classy in Gothic Rose. I'm knitting this for my grandmother for her birthday next month and it is helping a lot with my grieving process - I guess it is a prayer shawl of sorts.
This weekend I'll be at the Des Moines Metro Knitters Winter Retreat. It is being held at a local hotel and is basically a 24 knit together. The hardest part is deciding what I'm going to knit while I'm there. I know it will be a good time....because it is indoors!

2 comments:
The wrap is beautiful and I'm sure your grandmother will appreciate it greatly!
I'll hold my thumbs for you this weekend while spending time with the knitters! I really hope this is as healing for you as I imagine it can be.
:kram:
Oh, Honey! Your pictures are lovely--and yes, winter doesn't last FOREVER!! It will get warmer, and I hope you enjoy your retreat-it' just the sort of thing you need, and those people need YOU, too.
I can't wait to see the shawl for your grandmother--she' going to love it, and your prayer in it will comfort her. I know they will.
Loveya, Trudy
Post a Comment