I, apparently enjoy torturing myself. I took the pups for a quick walk this morning and then checked the temperature. It was a balmy -10 F (-23.3 C) degrees outside at 5:45AM. Luckily there was no windchill, but you know what, my nose was frozen shut so that was cold enough for me.
Of course, 10 minutes of warming up my truck didn't clear off the windows so I had to scrape those off. Stupidly I check the weather when I got into work at about 8:00AM. I thought it was supposed to get WARMER as the day progressed, instead now it is -11 F (-23.8 C) with a windchill of -23 F (-30.5 C). COLDER? My nose will defrost shortly but I'm afraid my brain will be frozen until July.
This winter has been horrible....will it ever end?
Perhaps the most fun part is that I've managed to hurt my back and I don't know how. The lower right side hurts a lot - when I breathe, walk, stretch, and bend. I went to my fabulous chiropractor last night and it felt good - even he was impressed with the snap crackle pop. However, this morning it hurt to walk again....and walking in -10 F with two dogs who don't want to be outside is not a nice way to start the day.
The funniest part of all? Despite how cold it is outside I'm supposed to ice my back as much as I can. Does standing outside for 1 minute with no coat count?
Thursday, January 24, 2008
My nose is frozen shut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
When my physical therapist told me I should ice my ankle, I wanted to smack her.
You can come live with me for a month if you want to. We're having temperatures of 8 Degrees Celsius and we haven't seen any snow at all in weeks. It's raining a lot though and all days are grey and gloomy, but still.
Hope that stupid back pain goes away. :kram:
Post a Comment