Luckily the temperature came out of the arctic range this weekend. The dogs and I enjoyed an hour of hiking around in the snow with our noses remaining open the entire time. What a treat! It is amazing how a temperature of 40 F can feel like a tropical day.
I settled into knit after my hiking adventure and was surprised when Shane came home, after so sweetly picking up a few groceries for us, and handed me these.
It isn't often when I get flowers, let alone roses but that makes the moment of actually receiving them that much sweeter. There was no occasion for these, just a "thank you for everything you do for me" and a kiss. It couldn't have been a more perfect moment.
There is nothing better then some color added to the snowy back drop of this blustery Iowa winter.
On a side note....I'm still trying to get a hold on this photography thing. Friday night I bought myself a new camera backpack and a tripod. Saturday I bought myself some clip lights and fancy light bulbs so I could get good, consistent lighting. Last night I took a zillion pictures. While they look good the lighting was to bright & harsh, so I'm back to the drawing board. However, having that tripod makes taking pictures indoors without my flash heavenly.
I hope you can find some color to help you make it through the weather....or whatever you are facing.

2 comments:
Aw, yay Shaner! Pretty flowers!
WTG Shaner! I'm glad he brightened up your winter day with colour and I look forward to more fantastic pictures when you get the lighting sorted out. :kram:
Post a Comment