Cold weather is good for something. Knitting Time! Here are the projects I've started & finished this month...(well, the socks I started on Christmas day).Pattern: Dashing by Cheryl Niamath from Knitty.com, Spring 2007
Yarn: Misti International Misti Alpaca Worsted (in charcoal gray) & Mango Moon Capelli (in black)
Needles: Knit Picks Options (metal) US 7, 40" cable
For: Shane to wear at work
Thoughts: To knit these I learned magic loop as a new technique. The Misti Alpaca for these is so lovely, one of the softest yarns I've ever knit with. I carried along the capelli which is an elastic yarn to give the Dashings a bit of grip. Shane loves them and I learned a new technique, the perfect project!Pattern: Lattice with Seed Stitch Afghan Square from Learn-To-Knit Afghan by Barbara Walker
Yarn: I Love This Yarn in Sea Blue (really, that is the name of the yarn!!! Purchased at Hobby Lobby)
Needles: Knit Pick Options (metal) US 8 24" cable
Thoughts: I made this for a Warm Up America blanket. The knitting group I recently joined (Des Moines Metro Knitters, on meetup.com) is having a retreat (giant knit in!) at the end of February and has asked all attendees to knit 2 squares for an afghan project. This was a great & easy pattern. Pattern: Go With the Flow Socks by Evelyn A Clark, from Interweave's Favorite Socks book
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Multi in "Watercolor"
Needles: Knit Picks Options DPNs US 2
Thoughts: Lovely pattern and even more lovely yarn!
Pattern: Fiber Trend Felted Clogs, size Women's 8
Yarn: Lamb's Pride Bulky in Amethyst (1 skein) and Onyx (1.5 skeins)
Thoughts: I made these for myself and this was my first pair of clogs. They knit up super quick and while the pattern wasn't very hard I did have to pay attention!
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Latest Finished Objects
Posted by essjay at 8:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
As always you have great FOs to show us. I'm glad you've gotten something good out of the cold season you're in...
:kram:
Post a Comment