I hope everyone is have a terrific 2008 so far! The end of my 2007 was great - busy, but rewarding. My parents came out for Christmas, which was such a wonderful treat. November and December were insanely busy when it came to my knitting. I didn't mean for it to be, it just happened. Here is everything I've finished since my last post....
Pattern: Garter Rib Socks by Charlene Schurch, from More Sensation Knitted Socks
Pattern: Leo by Kristi Porter, available on knitty.com
Yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style in Coal, 19 skeins (about 2300 yards)
Thoughts: This is my first completed adult sweater and it turned out well. I had to add about 4 inches of length to the pattern since Shaner is 6'5" tall, but it fits him perfectly and he loves to wear it.
Pattern: Starsky by Jordana Paige, available on knitty.com
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Chunky in coloway 515, 10 skeins (1430 yards)
Thoughts: This project has been full of problems. It took 8 weeks to get the yarn, back in 2006. I finished all the pieces when a friend pointed out that the front panels were way wrong (which was okay!) so it sat. And sat. When I finished Leo I told myself I HAD to finish this sweater, so I reknit those front panels, seamed it together and knit the shawl collar. It isn't perfect, but I am so proud of it and my sister has declared it her "favorite blue sweater". That made it all worth it.
For: Mom, a Christmas gift
Pattern: Garter Heel Socks by Susan Lawrence, from Vogue Knitting: The Ultimate Sock Book
Yarn: Socks that Rock Medium Weight from Blue Moon Fiber Arts in the Scaponia colorway, 1 skein (380 yds)
Thoughts: Great pattern but that short row heel? Yeah, it kicked my ass. I finally got it on the 11th try, but a new skill learned and a great pair of socks done!
For: Supposed to be for my future brother-in-law
Pattern: Swell by Kimmie Kemper, from knitty.com
Yarn: Cascade 220 Wool - off white, Cascade 220 Heathers - blue; I have 1/2 of each skein left
Thoughts: I love this pattern, I'm just doomed never to get it right. The first time I tried this it was big enough for a baby, not an adult. The second time I tried this it was big enough for a toddler, not an adult. I did gauage the second time but didn't realize how far off row gauage was...so, he didn't get this for Christmas.
For: Dave, my future brother-in-law
Pattern: Hot Head by Alex Zorn from Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in forest green colorway
Thoughts: How can I not love knitting with Malabrigo? Quick, easy knit (aka. just what I needed).
For: Dave, my future brother-in-law
Pattern: my own, using the K2P2 ribbing to match the hat
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in forest green colorway
Thoughts: Chunky yarn knits up so quickly and these were squishy and comfy!
For: Dave, my future brother-in-law
Pattern: K2P2 ribbing until I ran out of yarn
Yarn: Malabrigo Chunky in forest green colorway
Thoughts: I love patterns like this - brainless.
For: Dad a Christmas present, for cold weather running
Pattern: Hat - Hot Head by Alex Zorn from Stitch 'N Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook; Mittens are based from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in red & black, 2 skeins of each color (held doubled throughout) @ 880 yards.
Thoughts: My first pair of mittens! I enjoyed knitting mittens except for the stupid join over the thumb. My dad really liked them!
Pattern: Merino Strips Curved V-Neck Vest by Gail Tanquary
Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Merino Stripes in the Pacific Sunset colorway, 5 skeins (575 yards)
Thoughts: I started this the Thursday before Christmas and figured I would just give it to my mom when I finished. I finished it the Sunday before Christmas! I forgot how quickly projects go when knitting with big yarn on big needles. I misread the pattern (of course) and forgot the ridges, but I love the way the yarn works with this pattern, such unique construction.
Needless to say, I didn't knit for 8 days after Christmas! I'm currently working on my first pair of Fiber Trend Clogs and Go with the Flow socks from Interweave Knits Favorite Socks book.

4 comments:
You've been really busy! Everything looks great, but I like the cardigan for your sister most.
That's a crazy amount of knitting! Glad you were able to finish up some UFOs, and they all turned out very nicely!
Sometimes the most frustrating projects are the ones we end up loving the most. I LOVE Starsky in that blue!
Thanks ladies!
Post a Comment