Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Half A Pair

For my sister's birthday (which was in May) I knit her a pair of socks. Don't mind that I didn't start them until the beginning of August...they were given to her in person, which is much more special than being on time, right? My mother, who does knit, saw the socks and immediately decided that she needed a pair of socks knit by me. That is fine, she is my mom right! She was even sweet enough to buy the yarn for me. I'm happy to say I have 1/2 the pair done!
I'm knitting the Garter Rib Pattern from Sensational Knitted socks using Steinbach Wolle Aktiv Effekt. The yarn is fingering weight and I'm using US 2s which seem way to huge for the yarn, but the first sock fit me perfectly and they are comfy so I guess it is okay. I also don't really like the Garter Rib pattern with this yarn, but again, I'm not about to rip it out to make a stockinette stitch sock. Mom will love them because I made them.

I haven't cast on for the second one yet. I'm trying to finish Leo by November 1st but some of that is going to depend on a yarn order from Knit Picks, so hold your thumbs that it gets here by Thursday! The second sock will most likely be cast on this weekend but for now it will be 1/2 a pair!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't see anything wrong with the Garter Rib and the yarn. Looks alright to me. Even great. :)

:kram:

BrownBerry said...

Holding my thumbs!
I too think the patterning looks great and what an awesome thing to knit for someone who wants you to!

Happy we're connected again in blogland. :)

Enigma said...

Looks great so far - keep at it! =)