Thursday, September 27, 2007

Tale of the Spoiled Knitter, Part 2

My birthday is being celebrated over the course of an entire month, which I of course just love! I have more gifts to share. I'm still astounded by the generosity of my friends - you all are wonderful!

Vendie, the marvelous, sent me Basic Merino Socks by Fleece Artist in the colorway "Marine" that I'm in love with. But, the kicker, and perhaps my favorite skein of yarn next to the one lone hank of Sea Silk I have is the Oasis Yarn Silk Icelandic Seduction in the colorway "Peacock". O. M. G. I told Vendie I wanted to knit a body suit out of this stuff. It is FANTASTIC! She also got me some highlighting tape. I'd never heard of this stuff, but it is awesome. She knows my love of office supplies!



Marete, the wonderful, went way to far and sent 2 hanks of Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in the colorway "Ravenswood", 2 hanks of Hacho in shade # 303 (a Mirasol yarn), "beaded swirls" sock pattern AND a nail file (completely with balls of yarn on it!). The Hacho yarn is just beautiful and how can you go wrong with Lorna's?



Anree, the remarkable, spoiled me. She sent The Bread Bible by Beth Hensperger.....Anree opened my eyes to the world of homemade bread in July and has high aspirations of me continuing this journey. The book is currently being read like a novel and has the coffee stains to prove that it comes with me to work! She also sent a lovely book mark, coffee - fresh, real, beans and 2 hanks of Koigu KPPPM in dye color P303 (purples!!!)

iKate & Margaret, the tremendous and extraordinary, sent 3 hanks of Mmmmmalabrigo Chunky in Forest, some chocolates (oddly missing from the picture), puppy stickers and a cute puppy note pad. The card is hysterically funny and the Malabrigo, as always, is just luscious!

Barb, the superb, sent hand painted knitting needles and 2 hanks of Ingeo Yarn in the colorway "Lavender Blue" - 100% CORN yarn. CORN! I guess us Iowa girls need to support the local economy. The yarn is just fabulous and I cannot wait to knit with it and of course, the colors couldn't be any more perfect!

Rebecca, the outstanding, is looking out for my dogs! She knows that winter is coming up soon! She sent the Posh Pooches set that includes a book about knitting for your pooches and the cutest needles with puppies on the end! She also included 5 skeins of Knit Pick's Main Line in the colorway "blueberry" which will be perfect for fall coats for the boys!

Thank you all SOOOOO much! Everything is so appreciated and will be used....eventually!!!

Please forgive the quality of some of these pictures. I took most of the pictures before I realized that my camera settings were all messed up from camera class. I was much to lazy to retake the pictures.

2 comments:

Dilly said...

Um... your birthday will be continuing into October. :shifty:

Great presents, and wonderful friends for remembering you and sending you and the pooches such awesome stuff!

Bluebird49 said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetpea!! Sounds like you are still having it--and I hope it lasts for a good while--you've been such a good friend to so many good folks!!
(Trudy)