Jacket that is! On Sunday I took my first ever knitting class. I've been knitting since December of 2005 and really had no desire to take a class. I've always figured things out on my own or asked for help from on-line friends. I was browsing at the LYS Purls the Yarn Studio when Anree was in town and saw a sample of the Baby Surprise Jacket on display. I love this sweater, but the construction of it scared me. The owner of the store, Martha, mentioned that they'd be having a class on the jacket in the fall. So, I began stalking the e-mails and website for the class date.
I registered the day I received the e-mail about the class and class finally happened on the 23rd. It was a four hour class....that turned into a five hour class! We made a "mini" version of the jacket - 1/2 the original pattern size. The construction is amazing yet confusing. It was great to see different samples knit with different size yarns and after research I found many ways to personalize the jacket.
The mini size didn't come out so well, but that is why I'm glad it was mini! I didn't read the pattern all the way through (which I should have) and relied on the instructor to tell me what to do, so, as with Starsky, I missed many "at the same time" moments.
I can see many more of these in my future and I have some lovely Blue Sky Organic Cotton in a lovely deep pink and cream. The draw to cast on is fierce, but I must finish other projects first!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
A Mini Surprise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"The draw to cast on is fierce, but I must finish other projects first!"
I'm sorry, what you said was either too complex or too simple for me to understand.
Post a Comment