Yes. I do actually knit! Not only do I knit but I finish things!
First up, Dream Swatch. I knit this in the KH color way from Blackthorne Fibers. I knit is as a head scarf. It needs blocking and I have no idea how long it is, but it is done!
Next up, a red head band. I knit this out of some cotton & wool blend, from Classic Eliete (maybe, the ball band is lost some where). Normally I hate red. With a passion. However, I work for a College and school colors are red and white. On Wednesday we are supposed to wear our school colors in a show of school spirit. I'm a good sport and wear a red headband. That works, right. This is of my own design, using the "Tower of Song" cable stitch from Vogue Knitting's Stitchionary 2.
Next is the back of the Leo Sweater from Knitty.com. Miles and miles of 3 x 5 ribbing make up the back of this sweater. It is worked up in Knit Picks Merino Style in black. The length is about 33 inches - my husband is 6 foot 5 inches tall, so I had to add length. It is wonderfully cozy and I've gotten about 5 1/2 inches done on the front. Of course, the sweater is not complete with out the integration of white dog hair! My goal is to finish this for Shane by November 1st. It would be my first adult sized sweater that I finish. As soon as this is done, Starsky will be making her grand reappearence for re-knitting of the front panels and then on to the finishing. My sister WILL get that sweater for Christmas. She WILL.

1 comment:
Lots of great looking projects!!! Glad to see that you're back in the knitting world again... :kram:
Impressed with your stamina on the Leo sweater!!! :thud: And you bringing out Starsky again makes me smile. Big time. :)
Post a Comment