Monday, February 6, 2012

Photo A Day Challenge - Last of January

Where did January go? 

I finished off the full January Photo A Day Challenge! 

Day 20: Someone You Love

DSC_6445_edited-1

Three someones I love.

Day 21: Reflection

DSC_6455

Sparky begging for my dinner (reflected in the deck door).

Day 22: Your Shoes

DSC_6461

My poor North Face boots that need replaced...and inside a pair of hand knit socks.
 
Day 23: Something Old
DSC_6463

An antique secretary desk owned by my Great Grandmother Rosetta, moved into our new home with us.

Day 24: Guilty Pleasure
DSC_6466


Hour long massage anyone?
Day 25: Something You Made
DSC_6468

I made this scarf for my Grandmother when my Grandfather passed away.  It comforted her for several years and when she passed away in May I asked to have it back so it could comfort me as I dealt with her loss.

Day 26: Colour
DSC_6482


I love the colors of the yarn in this skein, which are usually to bright for my taste.
Day 27: Lunch
DSC_6485

Packed & ready to go.
 
Day 28: Light

DSC_6531


Overhead lights, as reflected in my iPhone.

Day 29: Inside Your Fridge
DSC_6565

Dinner!


Day 30: Nature

DSC_6566

Sunrise


Day 31: You, Again

DSC_6575

Not feeling being in front of the camera. Big surprise.



So proud of myself for making it through a full month! Now on to February.  I am really enjoying taking a picture everyday and really appreciate the topic for each picture - really helps me focus instead of wondering what I should take a picture of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures!!! :)

I love "Someone you love", "Light" and "Nature". And of course, seeing your face again.

I remember the shawl you knit for your grandma and I find it very moving that you have it again. And that you use it.

Kram!

Anonymous said...

That's a good idea, to have a topic. Otherwise, I think I'd be searching for ideas, too. Good for you for sticking with it! I LOVE that old secretary -- it's gorgeous.

Bluebird49 said...

I love your picture/posts, essjay! I'm so glad you you found your dream house--at least SOMEONE has gotten the house they want, lol AND your parents are hear--what a great year for you. You have worked hard for this. Good pics of you and Shane--you both look great. Happy for you. :)